Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A27 between Lancing & Shoreham

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Good afternoon. Does anyone know if there are roadworks this weekend that may affect getting to and from Brighton on A27 for tomorrow's game?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope not, it was supposed to be three weekends only and the last was last weekend, but definite info would be good

11Wisemen

Jan 30, 2012
The A27 will be fully closed westbound between the Old Shoreham Road junction and Hoe Court from

• 8pm Friday 24 until 6am Monday 27 March
  • 8pm Friday 31 March until 6am Monday 3 April

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Thanks. I had also heard it was just the 3 weekends, but then I thought someone (on here) said that Buckingham Group had decided to do a 4th weekend?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, it's closed Westbound on Saturday?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And it's an absolute nightmare when it's closed with all the traffic coming through Shoreham on the coast road. I'd avoid if you can.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last time I followed our dear leaders advise and went straight up the A23 then across the legend that is the A272.

I'd highly recommend that for those lucky enough to live west of Worthing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thanks. I had also heard it was just the 3 weekends, but then I thought someone (on here) said that Buckingham Group had decided to do a 4th weekend?
That was me, they’d initially booked 3 weekends of closures with the 3rd being a back up if they didn’t complete the work in the first 2 weeks, however, having completed the work on schedule (first 2 weekends) they decided it was an opportunity to close it for the next two weekends and bring forward works that were planned for later in the calendar.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ll move my clothes down to a lower peg then .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last time I followed our dear leaders advise and went straight up the A23 then across the legend that is the A272.

I'd highly recommend that for those lucky enough to live west of Worthing.
Wasn't so much my advice but thinking out loud.

We ended up coming off the A27 at Portslade, heading across towards Shoreham at the Holmbush roundabout, turning right and going under the flyover to head towards Steyning, but then taking the Bostal over the top back to the A27 and pulling a crazy U-turn at the Lancing lights to head back west.

From what I remember, you got home a lot earlier than we did, but we had been stuck in The Bridge for f***ing ever, give or take, first.

Jul 7, 2003
It also says on the “details“ tab on the National Highway website that it is closed Westbound and Eastbound for the whole weekend.
Very confusing - if it is both ways then that will be carnage for those in Shoreham and Steyning as well as anyone driving over from the West.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This will do for tomorrows game.

Attachments

• FCDB7DEE-4FEA-45F0-B436-6DDB973C958D.jpeg
    FCDB7DEE-4FEA-45F0-B436-6DDB973C958D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't so much my advice but thinking out loud.

We ended up coming off the A27 at Portslade, heading across towards Shoreham at the Holmbush roundabout, turning right and going under the flyover to head towards Steyning, but then taking the Bostal over the top back to the A27 and pulling a crazy U-turn at the Lancing lights to head back west.

From what I remember, you got home a lot earlier than we did, but we had been stuck in The Bridge for f***ing ever, give or take, first.
Going up the 23 I did toy with the idea of 'short cutting' through to Henfield, then dicking around across to Washington. (Cycling the country lanes of Sussex has its advantages)
By the sounds of it I'm glad I didn't, beyond the standard right turn onto the A272 I don't think I had any out of the ordinary stops.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unfortunately making a return, this time on the heading east side …with a bit of unrelated trouble on the west side

Unless I’m mistaken
Match wise ..travelling to the game against Saints for those west of Shoreham will have to take it into consideration

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here