Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A23 speed camera

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
On the bridge at the henfield / pyecombe turn off going north. I also assume there checking out tax and current insurance. As the police are sitting just past the turn off in the lay by.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Getting ready for the motorbikes at the weekend:wave:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I did wonder why they were bothering as they certainly won't catch many speeding northbound in the rush hour!

And does anyone know when the southbound information signs will actually be in operation? They've been up for ages, I thought they may have been used when football season started or Pride but still no sign.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
They should be putting as much effort into solving other crimes as they do on motorists.

If you report stuff stolen they don't even bother coming round - much easier to earn wages using cameras and modern technology to catch people speeding to work.

I'm not saying it's ok to speed or not pay your road fund but for christs sakes you only ever catch the easy ones. What about the travellers who drive with one insurance used by several - the ones who camp illegally and leave all the rubbish and mess.

The ones that fence the stolen goods you don't bother trying to find.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Whats happening at the weekend ?

Ace Cafe re-union run, with events on all weekend, culmination with about 20,000 bikes around seafront on Sunday.

Always a great day out, but heavy rain forecast this year may reduce numbers

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I did wonder why they were bothering as they certainly won't catch many speeding northbound in the rush hour!

And does anyone know when the southbound information signs will actually be in operation? They've been up for ages, I thought they may have been used when football season started or Pride but still no sign.

Well, there is a sign. There's a sign which says the sign is not in use.

Perhaps they should be more clear with this, because the sign which says the sign is not in use, actually is in use, because it's telling us that the sign which isn't in use, isn't in use. Now if the sign said 'sign (above) is not in use' then all would be well.
:mad:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ace Cafe re-union run, with events on all weekend, culmination with about 20,000 bikes around seafront on Sunday.

I'll wheel one of mine out in that case, if it don't rain :wink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm kind of assuming you're a keen biker from that.

Supposing someone was interested in doing their full bike licence, from complete novice starting point (the full Monty, direct access thing, rather than just CBT), would you have any recommendations for good places to do the training? Lots of companies about, but always good to get a bit of local knowledge.

Ta :thumbsup:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Supposing someone was interested in doing their full bike licence, from complete novice starting point (the full Monty, direct access thing, rather than just CBT), would you have any recommendations for good places to do the training? Lots of companies about, but always good to get a bit of local knowledge.

Love to help you Edna, but got my full bike licence over 45 years ago when mods and rockers roamed the town. So, I'm completely out of touch with current training and testing.
I hope a younger biker will be along to help soon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Love to help you Edna, but got my full bike licence over 45 years ago when mods and rockers roamed the town. So, I'm completely out of touch with current training and testing.
I hope a younger biker will be along to help soon.

Furry muff :thumbsup: I shall sit and watch!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the bridge at the henfield / pyecombe turn off going north. I also assume there checking out tax and current insurance. As the police are sitting just past the turn off in the lay by.
ANPR also picks up on vehicles tagged as having an association with drugs and/or stolen goods heading back to bandit country aka Sarf London :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The fact you are alerting people, could that be construed as a crime itself. Chap was fined because he drove past a speed check and then flashed oncoming motorists to slow down!

Driver who flashed headlights to warn motorists of speed trap fined | Mail Online

The stretch of road where the incident occurred has traffic lights just after a roundabout (Bradley Crossroads) with signs saying it is a 30 mph zone which continues up to the next roundabout (Morrisons) after which the next stretch of dual carriageway to the next roundabout (Oaklands Hotel) is a 50 mph zone. Between Bradley Crossroads (the 1st roundabout) and the Oaklands Hotel roundabout there were 6 fatalities and 33 serious RTC's between 1992 and 2001 until road calming measures were introduced plus 2 teenage girls were killed by a drunk driver who ploughed into them when they were walking on the path next to dual carriageway in 2003 who at the time were the same age as my eldest son. We lived on a new housing estate which was just off the A46 Laceby by-pass and I know this road is dangerous. The reason the bloke was fined was because he pissed off the WPC who was going to give him a verbal warning not to flash his lights at oncoming motorists as it could cause an accident as drivers slowed down or thought something was wrong with their vehicle. If he hadn't been gobby it wouldn't have gone to court.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

I did my DAS a few years ago with a company called bike smart in Haywards Heath http://www.bike-smart.net/
Really good, very friendly and they used to have a female instructor too. I would whole heartedly recommend them.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I did my DAS a few years ago with a company called bike smart in Haywards Heath http://www.bike-smart.net/
Really good, very friendly and they used to have a female instructor too. I would whole heartedly recommend them.

Funnily enuff, a friend of mine did her training & test there & she thought it was really good too. Another couple of biking mates did-the-do with 'Saferide' & did much of their training based at City College on Wilsons Avenue. I seem to recall they both passed first time & didn't have cause for complaint (after doing the intensive jobbie), so they must've been ok too! Check 'em out here, Edna:

http://www.saferiders.co.uk/ :thumbsup:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

I should have looked on here before i set off this morning , i saw the f***ing thing too late and was doing about 80.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here