seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That is Googling fantastic :wink:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
At what point does NSC get cash from them? Do you just need to click them to generate a return, or do you need to do stuff on the page?

At the top of the page I am on, for example, is Gala Bingo. If I click it, does that generate pennies for NSC? Or would I need to sign up for an account to generate return?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At what point does NSC get cash from them? Do you just need to click them to generate a return, or do you need to do stuff on the page?

At the top of the page I am on, for example, is Gala Bingo. If I click it, does that generate pennies for NSC? Or would I need to sign up for an account to generate return?

NSC earns some money from ads just being there and some for being clicked upon. We have no idea which is which. Some clicks earn more than others - again we have no idea which ones are more lucrative.

I would never encourage people to just wildly click on an advert. If it's something that interests you then make the click, otherwise ignore it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've already moved all of the BB stuff over so there's not much here.

Moderating is going to be more vigilant which, combined with the uprated profanity filter means we shouldn't get any dodgy old stuff lurking.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Out of interest, have you noticed a significant drop in revenue since you installed tapatalk plugin, and also do you know how prevalent the use of tapatalk on NSC?

Yes I'm bored!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Moderating is going to be more vigilant which, combined with the uprated profanity filter means we shouldn't get any dodgy old stuff lurking.

Out of interest how strict is the profanity filter? are you allowed any swear words or are we limited to cursing like 1930s pipe smoking gentlemen because if we are that will be a Bally shame and make no mistake I will be dashed and bothered.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Hasn't that been said before though, and you can't look at every thread.

If threads moved to the archive after a certain amount of time inactive you would have a lot less to worry about.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out of interest, have you noticed a significant drop in revenue since you installed tapatalk plugin, and also do you know how prevalent the use of tapatalk on NSC?

Yes I'm bored!!

We're the number 1 football messageboard in the world based on Tapatalk usage. Seems about 300 people per day if the Tapatalk stats are right. Most from iOS, naturally.

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 18.37.44.png

No idea on the revenue side as I'm always tinkering with the ads, although mainly for non-logged in users as, somewhat perversely, that's where most of the money comes from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here