Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A win today was the WORST possible result

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That's it for me now, no more moaning no more DOOM posts, not entirely happy so far with the summer transfers but with just 5 days to go time to get behind the team, looking forward to it now as I've starved myself of any football since the Watford game in April

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am feeling rather confident about the season. A couple more signings to complete. it appears we have a bit of cash to spend and we are linked with decent players. I am prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt this year. Although I am not expecting to be pulling up any trees this year. A midtable finish will show some improvement and show us moving in the right direction and I will be happy with that. We can't compete financially with the Derby's and Boro's of the division and i am glad that we are not trying to.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Folks here have such short memories.
The appropriate term of art for a win like this is 'papering over the cracks'....
A little respect for tradition, please.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Does anyone one here actually know anything about football? It seems not many.

This is what is great about NSC,there are experts on here on many subjects and that can be quite informative and interesting........when it comes to football though everyone including me is quite frankly an idiot.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Winning the world cup in 1966 was the WORST POSSIBLE RESULT. Look at what's happened to us since.

Ramsey out.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Buying some players late on is one thing.

Buying two wingers and a striker that we've needed badly since the last bloody transfer window is suicide and totally inexcusable.

As someone says, and a point which I hadn't considered, the win is potentially good for momentum and may help get us through Friday. Here's hoping.

Why do you think the club has deliberately committed 'suicide' and behaved in a 'totally unacceptable' way?

What are their motives?

el punal

All this negative shit does my head in. Just shut up moaning and support the team

Sound reasoning. The problem is that many on NSC vent their spleen for the most trivial reason, they sit in judgement and criticize anything and everything that the club say and do.

Roll on next Friday and let battle commence, and then we can all concentrate on the football rather than all the superflous drivel that's being spouted at the moment.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If you can't enjoy a win when it happens, what's the point in caring in the first place?

Sure, there might be a few nagging issues but so what? Griping and whining won't change a damn thing so why not just enjoy the positive moments when they present themselves?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
CH: Any update with the new players, boss? We need 5 players still.
TB: We're doing all we can Chris.
CH: WAIT! We won a friendly. We'll wait until we lose then we'll buy some more.
TB: That's how it works Chris, yes.
CH: Years of experience, Tony. Years of experience.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
those Sevilla friendly threads in full >>

Nobody will turn up for a friendly against Sevilla, the prices are too expensive, no feel good factor - they did.
The catering queues will be ten deep, they won't open all the counters in the concourse, don't bother - they weren't , they did.
If Chris wants goals it because he doesn't play 4-4-2, its his own fault, tactical DULLARD - he did.
Sevilla will play their reserves - they didn't
Albion will play their reserves - they didn't
Why haven't we signed any attackers this transfer window. - we did, he scored.
Albion will be a disaster, probably get stuffed against the 5th team in Spain, Europa League Champs and all that, look at Southampton last year - they didn't.
Fair enough. Even if we win 1-0 and put in an impressive performance it must be "the worst possible outcome" and it doesn't count because it was a soft penalty - It wasn't and it isn't.

(and the new banners are pretty terrific, the yellow shirts look to be flying off the shelves, charging kids a quid seemed to work, and it was a lovely day all round in the sunshine)

Regardless off all of that. The season is still a disaster, with 46 games to go, because we haven't signed all the players Chris is looking to sign with 28 days of the transfer window to go like most other clubs. Relegation is inevitable.

Goto top, cut and paste Sevilla with Forest, Blackburn etc etc. Repeat.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
those Sevilla friendly threads in full >>

Nobody will turn up for a friendly against Sevilla, the prices are too expensive, no feel good factor - they did.
The catering queues will be ten deep, they won't open all the counters in the concourse, don't bother - they weren't , they did.
If Chris wants goals it because he doesn't play 4-4-2, its his own fault, tactical DULLARD - he did.
Sevilla will play their reserves - they didn't
Albion will play their reserves - they didn't
Why haven't we signed any attackers this transfer window. - we did, he scored.
Albion will be a disaster, probably get stuffed against the 5th team in Spain, Europa League Champs and all that, look at Southampton last year - they didn't.
Fair enough. Even if we win 1-0 and put in an impressive performance it must be "the worst possible outcome" and it doesn't count because it was a soft penalty - It wasn't and it isn't.

(and the new banners are pretty terrific, the yellow shirts look to be flying off the shelves, charging kids a quid seemed to work, and it was a lovely day all round in the sunshine)

Regardless off all of that. The season is still a disaster, with 46 games to go, because we haven't signed all the players Chris is looking to sign with 28 days of the transfer window to go like most other clubs. Relegation is inevitable.

Goto top, cut and paste Sevilla with Forest, Blackburn etc etc. Repeat.

:lolol:

Yes, but it is all spin and BS. Don't forget, TB's long term aim is to get relegated so that he can sell the club to someone else and get his money back.
We want it all and we want it now!!! :tantrum::tantrum:

:rolleyes:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
. Beating Seville is a notable result, it puts out a message that we're not entirely without football acumen. It may just be the little bit of reassurance that some of our perspective signings need to sign on the dotted line.

Always a positive to be found!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All this negative shit does my head in. Just shut up moaning and support the team
Very true, but it wouldn't hurt the club to give the fans a product to actually get supportive about.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
those Sevilla friendly threads in full...Goto top, cut and paste Sevilla with Forest, Blackburn etc etc. Repeat.

It must be so depressing for you. Maybe you need a break from here?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We have just done the European double over the last few years and people are complaining. :lolol:

Gotta love football fans.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have tried to stay away from NSC as much as possible this Summer, But this just goes to show what Morons there are on this site and times and have little to know clue about anything Albion or football related.

I know this post isnt helpful, but seriously chill the **** out, anyone who thinks the club is doing nothing is a total penis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here