Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A win today was the WORST possible result

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We must have the only fans in the world that moan after a win. If we had 36 1-0 wins in a season they would still moan we are shite.

They would because that would mean promotion and therefore our squad won't be good enough to stay up, etc........and unless we spend at least 40 times the amount of the parachute payments we may receive, then we have no chance to stay up and will be in Div 2 or even non league before you can bat an eyelid.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
the result was not important today for me
i just wanted to see a good performance from the team and thats what i got and yeh we still need a couple of players but i have faith in hughton and co to bring them in

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
We must have the only fans in the world that moan after a win. If we had 36 1-0 wins in a season they would still moan we are shite.

But we WON'T. We won't win games if we can't score goals, and we can't score them because we have no pace or creativity.

I won't moan if we beat Forest, one of our big failures last year was dropping points in early season home games against SHIT opponents...although I mainly put that down to leaving our transfer business so late and doing it so badly. Sound familiar...

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If we had 36 1-0 wins in a season they would still moan we are shite.

"It wasn't attractive football. Give me 36 attractive 1-1 draws."

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I enjoyed it ..a competive game
Good performances from a number of players.... Hemed strong, March skilful, Bong so much better than Bennett, Stockdale solid
Bruno MOM for me

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
My god what is it with these threads?!?! All teams are continually evolving. Some good aspects some not so. I thought we looked solid in defence, had some great touches and passes. Tried to move the ball forwards quickly at times. Also loving the re found love for 4-4-2! All encouraging and better than I was expecting in all honesty, Did we look world beating or likely champions of our league - possibly not but does that matter? Definitely need a couple more signings but don't most teams?

I would love to know what the BEST POSSIBLE RESULT would have been??????

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The win is nice and must give the lads confidence but also important is to ensure you don't pick up any serious injuries before the season starts and looks like that was achieved. The tempo will be far faster next Friday and Hemed looks like he is suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premiership. Who knows what Harper might bring. He might be just the missing link to join up the midfield to the forwards. The result was really irrelevant but a win is always better than a defeat any time

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry meant Championship..........Running before I can walk there.......oooops

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My god what is it with these threads?!?! All teams are continually evolving. Some good aspects some not so. I thought we looked solid in defence, had some great touches and passes. Tried to move the ball forwards quickly at times. Also loving the re found love for 4-4-2! All encouraging and better than I was expecting in all honesty, Did we look world beating or likely champions of our league - possibly not but does that matter? Definitely need a couple more signings but don't most teams?

I would love to know what the BEST POSSIBLE RESULT would have been??????

This 100%

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, the win is most welcome, and losing isn't a habbit we want to get into.

We need 2 wingers, a striker, and a central defender still, and this result alone has no influence on whether we get them.

I have no idea how many eggs or how many baskets we have.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The best possible result for some on here, would have been a 5-0 loss. I'm fairly sure some of the more negative posters only really enjoy their football when we lose, so they can come on here with their smart arse, cynical comments about how, if only the club had followed their advice, we would be the kings of Europe, and even better than a dirty Leeds supporter thinks his team used to be

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
.although I mainly put that down to leaving our transfer business so late and doing it so badly. Sound familiar...

Yep, virtually every professional football club is still recruiting when the season starts and often clubs are still buying on transfer deadline day (which is why there is usually a dedicated sky sports day to it.

We are not unique, it's the way of the football world - why should we be any different?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The best possible result for some on here, would have been a 5-0 loss. I'm fairly sure some of the more negative posters only really enjoy their football when we lose, so they can come on here with their smart arse, cynical comments about how, if only the club had followed their advice, we would be the kings of Europe, and even better than a dirty Leeds supporter thinks his team used to be

This

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Still not replaced Teixeira and there's no creativity or goals from midfield.
All our eggs are in the basket of the winger from Blackburn. Other than that we're totally reliant on the injury prone LuaLua and March, and let's face it, for LuaLua it's probably last chance saloon to try and develop consistency.
We've absolutely no cover at centre half at all - with Dunk prone to suspension and Greer to injury we're hanging by a thread.
The "Judge us at the end of the transfer window" comment is now a clear indication we're shopping from the bottom of list.

Yep, a great performance today defensively but we're going to need a lot more of that (combined with jammy penalty decisions) if we're going to stay out of trouble.

Sadly, this is the sort of result that will make the happy clappies, as well as Bloom and Barber think we'll be ok this year, even though we still have no pace and creativity at all.

See Leeds away last year - the sort of top notch game that seriously papers over the cracks...and this is only a friendly too!

Before I reply. Python, I take it you went to the game today? I only ask because, looking at at all your posts, everyone is negative about the club I support.

Appreciate you have only been on this board a short while but fvck me, you are more negative about the albion than deletebeepbeep and that is saying something!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Yep, virtually every professional football club is still recruiting when the season starts and often clubs are still buying on transfer deadline day (which is why there is usually a dedicated sky sports day to it.

We are not unique, it's the way of the football world - why should we be any different?

Buying some players late on is one thing.

Buying two wingers and a striker that we've needed badly since the last bloody transfer window is suicide and totally inexcusable.

As someone says, and a point which I hadn't considered, the win is potentially good for momentum and may help get us through Friday. Here's hoping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here