Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A week until the Premier League kicks off (again) - how's your footballing mojo?

How's your footballing mojo ahead of the Premier League returning?

• 10 (High)

Votes: 9 3.9%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 16 7.0%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 25 11.0%

Votes: 38 16.7%

Votes: 27 11.8%

Votes: 28 12.3%

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • 1 (Low)

Votes: 33 14.5%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
1 - Not the right time.

That's without delving into the absurdity of how it is going to be implemented.

September at the earliest for me for a re-start, we're still in a nation emergency. Such a wrong call all this...

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Very much looking forward to it, will be a welcome distraction from all the negativity of coronavirus and now the in fighting on BLM protests. So far the preparation has gone incredibly well, the testing has been a success and rather than increasing the risk to footballers and the wider community the return of footballers to training has lessened the risk.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
5. I would have been 1 a month ago though. A lot will depend on how I feel seeing the first game against Arsenal. I'm intrigued and tentatively looking forward to having something vaguely interesting to watch and talk about again.

I can fully understand both the arguments for and against restarting though. Money was always going to talk though.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
About 6 as well, and rising. Will be great just to have something to watch/talk about/moan about.

Plans to create ‘home pub’ viewing with big screen, outdoor seating and Piglets pie order already underway for Saturday.

Same here, I may decant some claret into small plastic bottles with NO LIDS a try try and walk upstairs and down again without spilling any on the carpet and sneaking past the wife without her noticing.

Piglets is a good idea . . .

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
My Mojo is about as low as it could possibly be for football.

Im hoping it kicks back in again when the games start but I doubt it.

I am really looking forward to next season though weirdly whatever division we are in.

Pretty much where I am - when crowds return so will my mojo (I hope)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Actually I might be a bit higher than the 4 I originally stated, anything as a distraction to the absolute shit shower that’s happening around us just now will be welcome.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
250 deaths yesterday, that's an Ibrox, a Bradford, a Hilsborough and a Heysel. He shouldn't be starting while all this continues...

I'll counter your daft comparison:

17,000 people on average die from flu each year. That's 2 Withdeans or the combined Amex East and West stands.

So why don't we stop everything every year during the flu season? Why don't we stop football every time there's a war, an atrocity, a famine, a car accident?

I feel like all the people saying it shouldn't restart are lacking a sense of perspective.

We didn't shut everything down to mourn the dead, it was to stop the virus spreading and that's now been achieved.

They still attempted football during WW2, 85million died.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I still love the game. I still love BHAFC, but I fear the way this has been handled has put the final nail in the coffin of my love of modern day football. I was already getting increasing bored by the Premier League and I really don't see watching matches on telly with no fans as an event worth putting on.

I hate the fact they are doing this without fans. It feels elitist, unnecessary and just wrong.

But I may get over it when Dunky slams a free kick from 40 yards into the top corner. Given he must regularly do this in training, I'm hoping the lack of a crowd will reproduce the same until now unseen brilliance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hard not to be seduced just a wee bit by the constant drip drip of EPL hype surrounding the reopening. Tho reckon very many of us are wavering on take it or leave it mode. Footballers seem suddenly on a par with Love Island contestants in terms of who gives a shit about any of these people. We have new and better heroes now

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
About a 5.........my big question is will there still be VAR???

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, I am adjusting my thoughts to 'glass half full'. I'm anticipating Albion to quietly drift into the second division with a very anonymous exit.

Life downstairs isn't so bad anyway. I work on the principle that if I expect it then it's not so hard to take.

If it doesn't happen then there's more celebrate.

Same here. If the Albion stay up, that’ll be a pleasant surprise for me. As always, I’d be especially relieved for TB who’ll need full PL broadcasting income next year to meet the cost of incredibly lucrative player contracts.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Same here. If the Albion stay up, that’ll be a pleasant surprise for me. As always, I’d be especially relieved for TB who’ll need full PL broadcasting income next year to meet the cost of incredibly lucrative player contracts.

10 Everything's Alright with my Mojo:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here