Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A week until the Premier League kicks off (again) - how's your footballing mojo?

How's your footballing mojo ahead of the Premier League returning?

• 10 (High)

Votes: 9 3.9%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 16 7.0%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 25 11.0%

Votes: 38 16.7%

Votes: 27 11.8%

Votes: 28 12.3%

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • 1 (Low)

Votes: 33 14.5%

• Total voters

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
2, a few days ago it would have been 0 if that was an option. I'm hoping to be at least a 5 or 6 by the time the days comes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1.......Don't agree with it......not looking forward to it......its too soon......only mid-way through first Covid 19 outbreak.....another will come in the Autumn/Winter..... artificial football in empty soulless stadiums.....it won't be a true reflection on the earlier part of the season......rather it wasn't happening.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think the restart is probably the best of a lot of poor options. I can’t get that excited about football I can’t go to, but I accept attending a football match is still a long way off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
7, only held back from a 10 by the fact that we are in a precarious position and have three very tough games on the bounce. I’ll be glued to it

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Can't wait for it to start. Football every day, all on TV. Missus has been briefed and she's going to read a few books, I won't get away with every game but should get to see a lot of them.

We're in a relegation battle, this is BIG!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
8 - looking forward to it. Watching two or three Bundesliga matches have acclimatised me to the strangeness of empty stadia.

Another piece of life getting back to some normality, and a welcome respite from the false media narrative of everything is gloomy.

This one. Strangely, my Albion mojo isn't that high. I don't know why this is.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
4 although having read the replies it is really around a 2 or 3. As of this moment I am still not overly fussed about the return of football. I think the unseemly attempt to fulfill a contractual obligation in the face of a global pandemic has been pretty distasteful. I genuinely feel we should have just binned off the season and spent the time planning a proper return for next season when the country was in a better position to enjoy it.

That said, a week Saturday i’ll be watching and fickle sort that I am, my mojo may well change.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
1 for me.

After 56 years now of watching the Albion, the 'thing' that has always made me love the footie was the atmosphere. Being part of an event with thousands upon thousands of other supporters. If it was just watch 22 players kicking a round ball about the pitch I would go up the park and watch a game there for free.

All those who are so excited about seeing players kicking a ball about with nobody there, I can't fathom out why you spent so much on Season Tickets etc when park games are free to watch. Park games have no atmosphere either for you.

Each to their own of course and hope you all get what you want.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
7 it's great to have some football to watch LOTS at risk building to a ten on the kick off, still surprised it's happening

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Over 60% polling 5/10 or lower so far, seems to indicate that there is widespread disinterest/discomfort in all of this. Can only assume that sheer bloody boredom is playing a part in the excitement being shown by some.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Yes, "I've Got My Mojo Working" .... I did not support the restart but now it's here lets enjoy it. The Albion must hit the ground running and find form straight away . There's no time for early season complacency, nine games to save ourselves.
I believe they will do it ! :albion2:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sadly for me I think in all likelihood all this has done is to extend our stay in the Premier League for a couple of further months. We were in pretty dire form in 2020 up to the break and at that time the slide into the relegation zone was looking almost inevitable. Unless we have a massive change in our fortunes all I think this has done is to delay what many of us feared.

I sincerely hope to be proven wrong. On a positive note our form couldn't get any worse, so here's hoping for a major upturn. I'll probably feel more positive if we can get something off the Gunners though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My Mojo is about as low as it could possibly be for football.

Im hoping it kicks back in again when the games start but I doubt it.

I am really looking forward to next season though weirdly whatever division we are in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here