Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A tribute to The Goldstone

Jan 30, 2008
I still remember the madness when Case scored in the quarter final against Norwich in 83, I think I ended up 20 meters from where I started, what a surge, because we were right in line behind the goal, we were definitely the first section of the ground to go up,..... we knew how to celebrate a goal in those days,....
FAR BETTER IN THE EAST TERRACE :mad:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
at 35 odd seconds in isnt that the one and only beach hut?

After a couple of seconds in the old chap sitting applauding with glasses on is called doug beard ...a thoroughly nice bloke and an albion supporter for many many years...he showed me a photo once of a set of fans going away in the 1950's in a coach with a brighton banner on it.

Great scenes there and i was at every one of them games

wardy's goal where he looped it over the keeper was sublime and case's goal agains norwich was just brilliant...as was gerry ryan's little dink.

Magnificent memories.

Thanks darren
the bloke with the glasses on :whistle:
regards
DR

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I just shared the picture of the North Stand that day on my FB page and added "I was there. It was miserable, wet and depressing. Although we didn't know it then, that day represented the start of the turnaround that became fully realised on the 6th August 2011. In my study, to my right is a picture of the winning goal we scored that day - to my left is a picture of the winning goal we scored on 6/8/11. They both still sends shivers down my spine. A great example of a community coming together to fight for something they believed in against all the odds. And just look at us now..."

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
at 35 odd seconds in isnt that the one and only Beach Hut?

After a couple of seconds in the old chap sitting applauding with glasses on is called Doug Beard ...a thoroughly nice bloke and an albion supporter for many many years...he showed me a photo once of a set of fans going away in the 1950's in a coach with a brighton banner on it.

Great scenes there and I was at every one of them games

Wardy's goal where he looped it over the keeper was sublime and Case's goal agains Norwich was just brilliant...as was Gerry Ryan's little dink.

magnificent memories.

Thanks Darren
Doug is my Dad & has indeed been supporting The Albion for years. Easily 65+ years! I'm standing next to him with my Mum & sister behind

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You would have seen me had the 2-0 Liverpool win shown the final whistle as I was the 1st one on the pitch from the West Stand hugging genius Terry

rmc_15

Aug 9, 2011
Needed a strong dose of man up pills with that video :)
Still have the two tix, along with an aerial shot of The Goldstone + seasons fixtures card framed in my office. South Stand along w/ my 6 year old Son on the day. Memories....Must find the photo's now!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Lush

Mods' Pet
26th April 1997 (with apologies to WH Auden)

Stop all the clocks at 3pm, cut off the office phone,
Silence the North Stand as they sing ”You’ll Never Walk Alone”,
Turn off the PA system and with pipe and drum
Play “Sussex By The Sea”, ere the bulldozers come.

Let seagulls circle moaning overhead
Crying to the sky that our beloved ground is dead,
Tie blue and white scarves about the terraces that I love,
Let PC Beard and Bins wear black cotton gloves.

I stood in the North, the South, the East and West
During my working week and my Saturday rest,
For nigh on twenty years it was my talk, my song;
I thought the Goldstone would last for ever: I was wrong.

The floodlights are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the North Stand and dismantle the Chicken Run,
Pour away the pre-match tea and dig up the pitch for fun;
You may have destroyed our home, but the Albion live on.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here