Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] A Town Called Malice

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Sky PR department have gone into overdrive plugging this one, they are clearly good at what they do as they got me watching.

Bit of a strange one, currently on Episode 6 of 8, it’s strangely addictive but I can’t work out if it’s a Black comedy or a plot written by a 40 something Danny Dyer fan on speed, with overacting the like not seen since El Dorado.

Anyone else succumbed to the blanket advertising?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just about to finish it. It’s completely daft and all the more enjoyable for it. A very bingeable series.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The Sky PR department have gone into overdrive plugging this one, they are clearly good at what they do as they got me watching.

Bit of a strange one, currently on Episode 6 of 8, it’s strangely addictive but I can’t work out if it’s a Black comedy or a plot written by a 40 something Danny Dyer fan on speed, with overacting the like not seen since El Dorado.

Anyone else succumbed to the blanket advertising?
Really enjoying it. Very binge worthy and also the sound track reminds you how the 80's pop music was the greatest. It's totally what you'd expect from the director Nick Love and in the style of The Business, The Football Factory and The Firm.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry missed this and started another thread.

Succumbed to the Sky PR department’s blitzkrieg.

Currently on episode 6, still can’t work out if it’s a black comedy, or a product of the El Dorado school of acting?

The body count even by Episode 6, is both unlikely but bizarrely impressing.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
It was so bad I ended up watching all of it, just to see where it justified the huge hype from Sky. Sadly it never did. It tried to be Baz Luhrmann does Danny Dyer, and was neither. Just made absolutely no sense and the acting was unbelievably wooden.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
It is of course rubbish but I'm really enjoying it (for what it is).

As a big fan of diadora tennis trainers from the 80s I'm loving the smattering of Borg Elites.

One error spotted- a bag with the Adidas 'Equipment' logo - still 'Trefoil' up to 1991

See also Sexy Beast and Auf Wiedersehen Pet Series 2

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Done

Only lasted one episode myself. I cringed every time Uncle Tony opened his mouth and that was that.
One of my mates dads was from the old school gang of gangsters he had a Villa in Tenerife and we used to go over for holidays in our twenties it was full of uncle Tony’s, a real cringe fest tbh. Old boys with Polo shirts and gold chains and the wives are exactly like the ones in the show :lolol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
One of my mates dads was from the old school gang of gangsters he had a Villa in Tenerife and we used to go over for holidays in our twenties it was full of uncle Tony’s, a real cringe fest tbh. Old boys with Polo shirts and gold chains and the wives are exactly like the ones in the show :lolol:
To be fair my local in Spain today has a smattering of ex pats, Cheltenham Gold Cup day was like a casting call for Brookside.

Just what all these 20 something Scousers are doing on the Costa Del Sol is another matter. ;)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I finally got round to watching this, only seen the first 2 episodes this evening and enjoyed them.
Pleased to see Paul Weller at the very start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here