Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] A Town Called Malice

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Jam is one thing just about every NSCer can have a love in over. All of us of an age loved them. The only question is their best track.

If there are any absolute beginners who haven't heard of them, take a look. You miss these things when you're young.

FACTIOD OF THE DAY:

Paul wrote 'Town called Malice' after coming home drunk from the pub one night in less than an hour

Top marks for finding his way home so quickly.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
AB7473D1-D596-4DB9-81A4-E719090C7775.jpeg

I saw this on Twitter a couple of days back, went to this one, The Vapours were the support band.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sky has announced new thriller, A Town Called Malice, in turns an explosive family saga, thriller and crime drama.

Set among the beach clubs and palm trees of the Costa del Sol in the early 80s, A Town Called Malice follows the Lords, a crime family of petty thieves from South London, as they decamp from London to Spain to profit from an unexpected windfall – and to escape the attention of the police in a high-profile murder enquiry.

The Lord family is headed up by Jason Flemyng as Albert Lord, Jack Rowan as Gene Lord, Tahirah Sharif as Cindy Carter, Gean’s girlfriend, and Martha Plimpton as Mint Ma.

Is the series a documentary about Rodney Marsh's folks or John Terry's?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
For weller, it was always about the Pretty Green. Greedy tosser would suit palace perfectly.
Not like I’m fcking bitter about him destroying my adolescent hero band of course.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched the first 3 episodes of this 8-parter tonight. 2 words.

SU.
PERB.

I'm just such a sucker for the 80s so it doesn't take that much to reel me in tbh, but this is so stylishly shot, well written and REEKS of mid-80s bunkum.

If you've ever played Vice City, with random hits coming up on the radio to the point where you don't want to get out of the car so you can carry on listening - this is is the TV version. And every episode finishes on a banger of a song.

I'm going to happily bypass a couple of glaring plotholes in this, because its just SO much fun. I'm glad there's no football this weekend, I'll have this done by Sunday night.

Do yourselves a favour.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Watched the first 3 episodes of this 8-parter tonight. 2 words.

SU.
PERB.

I'm just such a sucker for the 80s so it doesn't take that much to reel me in tbh, but this is so stylishly shot, well written and REEKS of mid-80s bunkum.

If you've ever played Vice City, with random hits coming up on the radio to the point where you don't want to get out of the car so you can carry on listening - this is is the TV version. And every episode finishes on a banger of a song.

I'm going to happily bypass a couple of glaring plotholes in this, because its just SO much fun. I'm glad there's no football this weekend, I'll have this done by Sunday night.

Do yourselves a favour.

I'm on episode 6 and have to agree. Absolutely loving it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm on episode 6 and have to agree. Absolutely loving it!
How good is Jason Flemyng ? I don't think I've seen him in anything since Tom in Lock Stock. He's phenomenal in this as Bert. Pwoper geeza.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
How good is Jason Flemyng ? I don't think I've seen him in anything since Tom in Lock Stock. He's phenomenal in this as Bert. Pwoper geeza.
Think I'm a sucker to it as I lived in the Costa del Sol for a year aged 18 and I love 80s music. Since found out, it's filmed in Tenerife.

Many will disagree but I also love the business with Danny Dyer. Think it's quite similar

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think I'm a sucker to it as I lived in the Costa del Sol for a year aged 18 and I love 80s music. Since found out, it's filmed in Tenerife.

Many will disagree but I also love the business with Danny Dyer. Think it's quite similar
Aye, its all quite mountainous scenery whereas Malaga is as flat as an all-inclusive Carlsberg. But like I say, I'm happy to pass over the nitpicks, because its just such pure OTT 80s entertainment. The cars, the clothes, the MUSIC. Bloody marvellous.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just binge watched it, superb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here