Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of last gasp goals

Jan 30, 2008

About 50 Albion away fans at this must win game. When Gary Williams scores in injury time all you can hear is silence. Kicked off after as put Sunderland in relegation position, but I held off their top boys with some Financial Fair Play anecdotes, and [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] planted an Albion flag on the penalty spot in front of their main end.
Gary stevens equaliser in the cup final ???
regards
DR

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
7 pages and no mention of Michael Thomas charging through the midfield?!

"one minute to go"

1dcdb7240ed0f6529a0f6586c92dcb2f.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leeds away 1981/2. We are mid table in the top division, Leeds are in the relegation zone and need a win or could be down. Mike Robinson scores for us after an hour in front of their Kop, and gives them a "You're going down" sign, which makes the locals go ape. At the other end behind the goal their fans are giving us (about a hundred in total) slit throat signs, and we are bricking it. Only half a dozen police in the away end and they tell us they're straight off at end of the match.

Fortunately Leeds score two goals in the least ten minutes and save our bacon.

Leeds then go to West Brom three days later just needing a draw to stay up, and lose. They go disco, smashing up West Bromwich, causing thousands of pounds worth of improvements.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Big Croatian classico this weekend - Hajduk Split v Dinamo Zagreb

And they very kindly CONJURED a last minute equaliser so that we could add it to this thread. And what a THRIKE.

[yt]BgS9Kf-6FB8[/yt]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bonkers scenes from last weekend's South Yorks derby. Going into the last 4 minutes, Rotherham led 1-0. But 4 goals were then shipped, 3 for Wednesday :)lolol:), 2 of them in injury time:

[yt]Q_P3msw6GUc[/yt]

Not great for Rotherham fans who would have circled this fixture back in May...

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Bonkers scenes from last weekend's South Yorks derby. Going into the last 4 minutes, Rotherham led 1-0. But 4 goals were then shipped, 3 for Wednesday :)lolol:), 2 of them in injury time:.

Go to the BBC Radio Player and the injury time commentary is included (as the the match was delayed) on the Radio Sheffield Praise or Grumble. From Rotherham winning the game to 7 minutes added time (where did that come from) to Wednesday equaliser, to let's go and win it, to the winning goal, and listen to Steve Evans afterwards - saying there are bigger clubs than Wednesday coming up at home this season - he didn't mean us - but Norwich! Beautiful sour grapes from the expert in the mascara.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
I ruddy love these. There's no better than seeing fans going NUTS in the 93rd minute.

So let's start this with some of our own Albion favourites and expand it from there - to start with, a bit of Leo Ulloa, Adam Virgo and Dean Wilkins

1) Albion, needing a win to reach the play-offs appeared to have missed their chance when Inigo Calderon had his fierce 88th minute drive heading for the top corner palmed away. But Kaz, CMS and Leo hadn't quite given up:

[yt]0_2F4-c_gLM[/yt]

2) One of the most lethargic, drab performances we saw under McGhee looked like it had culminated in Albion blowing an first leg lead. One last chance. Swindon weren't there yet...

[yt]lQOXh_VDvSA[/yt]

3) Albion had clung onto a top 6 place all season. Needing a win at home to Ipswich to secure it, they had clung onto an early lead, even saving a penalty to preserve that lead. But all looked doomed when Kris Kiwomya had scored an equaliser 7 minutes from time. But Albion had one last free kick just outside the box...

[yt]XQXOQbP4OCQ[/yt]

That last minute win in 1990/91 to reach the playoffs stopped Barnsley getting there. Just to rub salt into their wounds, the first away match of the next season was at Barnsley, and we won with a goal in injury time.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Great thread. Loved being reminded of the Watford Leicester game. Tuned in to that as obviously we had an interest (sob) and that was some finish. Watching it again, amazing double penalty save from Almunia. THIS fan video has to be one of the best in it's genre.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Being half Spanish, Euro 2004 Spain Vs Yugoslavia is pretty memorable.

Two goals in injury time to win. The 4th in the 95th minute, the 3rd about a minute before.

This video is just of the last goal, different TV channels and their reactions to it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shane Long rescues Ireland with a 91st minute leveller against Poland yesterday:

[yt]1s1H7vIN3pw[/yt]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Shane Long rescues Ireland with a 91st minute leveller against Poland yesterday:

[yt]1s1H7vIN3pw[/yt]

I put £2.50 on the draw, about two minutes before he scored, at 10/1. I was debating both Holland an Italy the night before, but unfortunately I didnt do either, and both scored late goals to get the draw. I started watching for late goals in International games during the World Cup, and so far it appears to be paying off

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Being half Spanish, Euro 2004 Spain Vs Yugoslavia is pretty memorable.

Two goals in injury time to win. The 4th in the 95th minute, the 3rd about a minute before.

This video is just of the last goal, different TV channels and their reactions to it.

One of the best games of football I've ever seen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here