Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread of last gasp goals

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This from last week. After a 2-2 draw in Mexico, Montreal seem to have done the hard part and look set to qualify for the Concacaf Champions League. Then Pachuca tuck an 82nd minute penalty.

93rd minute, and the Montreal full back comes marauding out with the ball and lumps a Hail Mary ball in the direction of 19 year old rookie, Cameron Porter. He's still got an awful lot to do if he's going to send 40,000 Montrealers home happy:

[yt]yv-OZSuob98[/yt]

If that had been Chelsea Diego Costa would have gone down for the pen.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One from World Cup 2010 :vuvu: [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION]

[yt]b7eZmKWW9s4[/yt]

:vuvu:

That reminds me of this what was sent into Viz

I’m sick of sports commentators saying “you couldn’t write a script like this”. If people can write scripts about dystopian futures in which life is in fact a simulation made by sentient machines to harness humans’ heat and electricity as an energy source, they can probably write ones about Gary Taylor-Fletcher scoring a last-minute equaliser against Stoke.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big shout here for Lee Steele's last gasp winner at home v Bristol City on Easter Monday 2002. The goal finally took us above Reading who we'd been pegging back all season and set up the climax to the second of the Double Championes seasons. Was stuck in that tiny wee stand in the corner of Withdean and damn near had a heart attack when it went in!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any footage of SANDAZA'S 92nd minute winner v Oldham, to send us top of L1? Place went MENTAL. :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am already beginning to love this thread.

It needs more mental crowd scene videos though. Chop chop people.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That Virgo goal was amazing, everyone in the North stand was leaving. I think most watched the shoot out on the path out. Was standing next to Rogers who went absolutely bat shit mental.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Big shout here for Lee Steele's last gasp winner at home v Bristol City on Easter Monday 2002. The goal finally took us above Reading who we'd been pegging back all season and set up the climax to the second of the Double Championes seasons. Was stuck in that tiny wee stand in the corner of Withdean and damn near had a heart attack when it went in!

Was that the game Bristol completely own Brighton? Completely undeserved winner

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am already beginning to love this thread.

It needs more mental crowd scene videos though. Chop chop people.

No mental crowd scenes but Paul Merson going MENTAL is always amusing

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now, this one isn't actually a last minute WINNER, but I think it fits the SPIRIT of the thread.

To set the scene, plucky little Brighton, right at the start of their first season back in the Championship, travel to FORTRESS FRATTON, home of the mighty Portsmouth FC (and of course, the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD ). Against all the odds they find themselves 1-0 up, thanks to a lucky bounce off Mackail-Smith's shin.

They hold this slender lead, until the 93rd minute, when the ref does the right and proper thing and awards the mighty PFC a soft penalty. Up steps Liam Lawrence to piss on the Albion parade...

(WARNING. first 20 seconds of video might make you SEASICK...)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now, this one isn't actually a last minute WINNER, but I think it fits the SPIRIT of the thread.

To set the scene, plucky little Brighton, right at the start of their first season back in the Championship, travel to FORTRESS FRATTON, home of the mighty Portsmouth FC (and of course, the GREATEST FANS IN THE WORLD ). Against all the odds they find themselves 1-0 up, thanks to a lucky bounce off Mackail-Smith's shin.

They hold this slender lead, until the 93rd minute, when the ref does the right and proper thing and awards the mighty PFC a soft penalty. Up steps Liam Lawrence to piss on the Albion parade...

(WARNING. first 20 seconds of video might make you SEASICK...)

Sometimes I think you're my TWIN, such is our similar thought process. I so nearly posted that myself last night!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Okay, one from the non-leagues, 2 seasons ago Havant & Waterlooville would be relegated if they didn't equal or better Maidenhead's result who were home to mid table Eastleigh.

At 90mins, Havant & Waterlooville were safe at 2-2 home to Staines Town, however it came over the newsfeeds that at 3-3 Maidenhead had scored their own 91st winner to make it 4-3!!

I was behind the goal at West Leigh Park and word spread like a virus as relegation loomed like a 1970's BBC presenter on a charity hospital visit.

However, 1 min later, Havant & Waterlooville smashed home their own winner to make in 3-2 in the 93rd minute!

Forward on to 14 mins to see a muddy pitch, a host of chances, chants of 'you are going down' from the away fans, then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here