[Music] A thread of albums where one side has nothing but utterly stunning tracks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Hysteria, Def Leppard. Not only is it one of the longest records on vinyl (62 mins) but all of Side A gave us Top 25 singles in the US and UK. Their induction tonight into the Hall of Fame accompanies my two fingers up at half a lifetime's worth of derision punk:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Side one of this (first 4 tracks on the link below) is a masterpiece. I was lucky enough to see them in Sheffield at the reunion gig in 2009 where they performed all of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3rslOW2Qkk

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
We GET it HWT. We REALLY do. You had a record collection back in the Eighties that was marginally less naff than that of your peers. It was a shit decade for music by any normal standards however, and you'd REALLY be doing us all a favour if you were to stop flagging your shit record collection up to the rest of us. Cheers :wave:

Careful, he'll be putting you on ignore.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I'll pipe up HWT, as I'm old enough to remember album sides. If there were any youngsters on NSC they might be scratching their heads. Side 1 of Highway to Hell by AC/DC hasn't a duff track. And this -

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports