A thread full of OLD computer games that you LOVED.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Similar story:

Had a mate (not even that close of a mate) at school for WEEKS telling me how great his Dreamcast was. I played a lot of games as a kid and Dreamcast was one of the only "main" consoles I'd never played, so I was very curious. Finally he invited me over after school to play it, really talking it up. I was looking forward to it.

Walked back to his house. He suddenly stopped short outside of his house and said "You don't think I'd ACTUALLY let you come in and play my Dreamcast, do you?! You wish!" and just walked into his house and shut the door.

Odd kid.

I've got a dreamcast in my loft somewhere, don't know if it works though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've got a dreamcast in my loft somewhere, don't know if it works though.

The Dreamcast was a BRILLIANT console. I got one the day it came out, although they sent me a faulty disc so I didn't have a game to play on it for about a week :rant:

I had a VGA adapter so I could plug it in to my PC monitor, the graphics were MILES ahead of any other console at the time, such a shame Sega got it so wrong with everything else.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The Dreamcast was a BRILLIANT console. I got one the day it came out, although they sent me a faulty disc so I didn't have a game to play on it for about a week :rant:

I had a VGA adapter so I could plug it in to my PC monitor, the graphics were MILES ahead of any other console at the time, such a shame Sega got it so wrong with everything else.

If Sega had any sense they'd get onto Sony and get the Dreamcast available as part of the forthcoming Playstation Now service. There are plenty of people that would subscribe just to play Shenmue again

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If Sega had any sense they'd get onto Sony and get the Dreamcast available as part of the forthcoming Playstation Now service. There are plenty of people that would subscribe just to play Shenmue again

I think there are some Dreamcast games available on XBox Live

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
oh memories

I'll put down my all-time faves for each console/system i owned, i think in chronological order

Megadrive:
NHL 93 + 94
Streets of Rage
Road Rash 2
Zombies
Sonic (of course)

N64: (can't believe I actually never played Zelda on it, crazy)
Goldeneye (of course)
Diddy Kong Racing
1080 Snowboarding
Perfect Dark
Wrestlemania 2000

PC:
Counter-Strike (played this far too much, competitively in leagues too)
Final Fantasy 7
Football Manager (any of them)
Starcraft
The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

PS2:
Pro Evolution Soccer (the first one that came out on PS2, played that a ridiculous amount)
GTA - Vice City (my favourite setting so far out of )
Canis Canem Edit (great game)
Gran Turismo 3
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding (loved this game, so realistic)

PS3:
GTA 5 (obviously)
Assassins Creed 2
FIFA 12
The Last of Us
Dragons Dogma

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not a gamer at all. Haven't played any game at all for years. My Brother moved to china about 10 years ago and left me a PS1, laptop, stereo and loads of games. Before he left he stayed at my place for about a fortnight. After he left I tried all the equipment. All of it buggered. He never took care of anything. He had basically decided to dump all his rubbish on me rather than get rid of it himself. So I never git to own a console. I did however own a £270 phone bill he had run up on my phone line going online while I was out at work.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Trollie%20Wallie-1.png

That was an awesome game !

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Desert Strike
Attack of the Mutant Camels
Jaguar XK220
theme Hospital
Dungeon Keeper
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Grand Theft Auto
Counter Strike 1.3 - 1.6

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
Both Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi on the Mega Drive were a lot of fun, and I remember Italia 90 giving me a raging bonk on for all of a week until the realisation of how crap it really was sank in. Then a preference with PC first person shooters started off with Wolfenstein swiftly followed by Doom, Rise of the Triad and Hexen.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
1. Emlyn Hughes International Soccer

2. Matchday II

3. Soccer Star

4. Heavy on the Magick

5. Horace Goes Skiing

:bowdown: That is a fantastic shout.

Other classics were Olympic Gold, California Games and Joe Montana Football on the megadrive, Street Racer on the SNES Daley Thompson's Decathlon though I forget which format.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports