Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Great thread. I will be having a root through many of these I don't already know.

My current favourite remix is this lovely housey effort that tackles AlunaGeorge's Your Drums, Your Love. Was released a couple of years ago but has only popped up on my radar recently. Hope it brings a bit of joy to others. I think it is GORGEOUS

[yt]qLcxJP1mRWM[/yt]

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Another remix of pure genius that I cannot stop listening to right now is this little beauty. The sound quality on youtube doesn't do it justice so if this is your thing I urge you to go seek out a proper copy and crank that lovely wobbly bass up.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm also gonna lay down this slightly cheesy remix of a classic Underworld track I've been enjoying guiltily of late. When I saw somebody had meddled with the EXCELLENT Rez I was very dubious, especially with a name like Bassnectar. He sounds like one of those terrible Dutch Eurotrance producers and I feared the worst. It starts off like it's going to go all hard house and just as I was about to grumpily press the stop button and write it off, it drops into a sweeping dubsteppy feelgood hands in the air full on gooey lick of goodness. Give it a try if you like Underworld or Dubstep, or both. As I say, I do feel this one's a it of a guilty pleasure as there's something ever os cheesy about it, but I can't help but get all YEA whenever I hear it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I really wish youtube existed in the early 2000s. I once heard Mauro Picotto play this remix of Azzido Da Bass at Ministry and the whole place went bonkers - I spent bloody ages trying to find out who did it, and never heard it in a club again. I only found out last year that it was released on a limited pressing in Germany. Bugged me for over 10 years that did :facepalm:

[yt]AGLnxYJesEc[/yt]

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Just one more from me before I hijack this thread completely.

Going back to the excellent AlunaGeorge, there are a number of top remixes of their work, and this track in particular has more than its fair share of reworkings, however for me this is the stand out version. Very nice, uplifting deep house vibe.

Flex Your Head

Much older than most of these and from the days when a remix was just known (usually) as the 'extended mix' or 'extended version', or simply 'the dance mix', Martin Rushent was a bit of a revolutionary. He would take songs by bands like Altered Images, Human League, The Stranglers, Pete Shelley, and so on, and mix them up, add dub effects, and do things which generally hadn't been heard before in the mainstream.

These two are particular faves;

He also produced the League Unlimited Orchestra "Love and Dancing" LP which was a massive remix of much of the Human League's "Dare" LP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_and_Dancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here