Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread full of fantabulous REMIXES

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Jeez I wish I'd found this thread earlier on - some fantastic tracks on here.

I've just been trying to work with Epica's "The Quantum Enigma" as a soundtrack. It was a recommendation, but I'm not a fan, I'm afraid.

Might be an acquired taste, but I'm loving this recent effort from Roni Size:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Here's a few more I enjoy, assorted genres

[yt]xx56x4XVM14[/yt]

[yt]lasIy3fEta4[/yt]

[yt]gMlRffOZG2s[/yt]

[yt]5GGy9tXqcGk[/yt]

[yt]OuwicHAWJmk[/yt] The deeper I go...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
OK so having been through the whole thread I've been inspired to post just a couple more.

First up I've always loved this blissed out version of Royksopp's Remind Me, which I first heard on a Jacques Lu Cont FabricLIVE mix CD back in the days I was spending every weekend at London's greatest superclub.

On the CD he rather cleverly mixed it into the classical piece Also Sprach Zarathustra, as will forever be associated with 2001: A Space Odyssey. And to this day I can't listen to the song without hearing that moving classical intro coming in at the end, even though obviously it doesn't anywhere other than on that mix cd.

And because somebody already mentioned EBTG and Todd Terry I'm also dropping this turn of the century filter house classic which has such a wonderful warm glow and catchy hook that I never want it to end. Chuck in Tracey Thorn's simple breathy vocals and this is house music at its finest. Perhaps it's more of a bootleg than a remix, being a mashup of EBTG's Wrong and Sandy Rivera's Come Into My Room, however it was the Lazydog Bootleg MIX that got this over all the radio stations at the time, so I think it should be allowed. Gosh it's nice

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
And a final contribution because I am meant to be revising. This gets me moving every time.

[yt]iieui-nFjV4[/yt]

Alternatively you might enjoy...

[yt]BJjx3D3iLiQ[/yt]

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Think this is rather good for a DIY job. Helps that it is a rare decent latter day NO track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here