Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thread for ticketless Albion fans going to Amsterdam

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Flying out with youngest son early on Wednesday, staying at Hotel Cornelisz on Hooftstraat. They’ve recommended watching our game in one of the sports bars on Leidseplein, so going to check them out on Wednesday evening.

Plan to go to the ground Thursday lunchtime to make pathetic onion-peeling teary request for tickets (no chance) although, as son’s on crutches (having just had an op on his foot), I might try to blag it that he’s done a sponsored walk all the way there to raise funds for the Save The Dodo Fund and they’ll be letting down millions of Dodo lovers around the world if they don’t let us have a couple!

I’ll also see if they’ve got any programmes (as I had to get a Marseille one from a dealer in, ironically, Holland as none of my friends could find any for sale at the ground), then head to the selected bar for the game. Afterwards, f*** knows!

Don’t fly back until late on Friday so will do a bit of touristy stuff (barge trip, etc) during the day.
In a similar fashion, two acquaintances that know Amsterdam well, recommended Rembrandtplein, a square with lots of bars etc, but away from Dam and the RLD...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't forget, as much as we all think NSC is the centre of our Albion bubble.... it reflects only a small % of Albion support, home and away,... a quick assessment of those on here who are going ticket less,... maybe a hundred... 5%.. extrapolate to our home support of >< 28k .. let's say 1400 ish... plus those floating supporters who fancy a jolly,.. I think we will see 3k ish outside those in the stadium.... just an opinion.
Almost none of those I know are NSC users.......

We'll never know the true number - those who guessed high will be saying it's 5k, those who went low will be saying it was a few hundred :laugh:

el punal

Really can’t see it personally…….of all the regulars I know (across the spectrum of ’home only’ to ‘every game, home and away’) I know one fan that’s going without a ticket. Where are these numbers coming from ?
I know of at least 12, of all ages, who’ve said they’re going ticketless. Firstly, because we’re playing and secondly to enjoy being part of the football scene, soaking it all up. As one said - it may never happen again but I want to enjoy it and be part of the experience. Can’t argue with that. :ascarf:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
No but there’s an official Funzone.
Did you say Funzo? I still think Atilla The Fun was a better name though.
IMG_2555.jpeg

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
I'm going ticketless alongside a lot of others. I've a felling we'll be looking at around 3,000 without tickets. Also know quite a few non football fans who are going for a few days in Amsterdam just because their brighton supporting mates are out there anyway

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Blimey, this thread was hard to find - it had slipped to page 6!

Me and Pogue Junior are flying in to Amsterdam this evening, still ticketless unfortunately. We will be up for fun from Thursday morning…

Let’s try and keep this thread current, and not let it slip down the board.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
4 or us flying over from City Airport tomorrow morning. No tickets but I reckon we will all have a good time tomorrow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm in that boat. Was planning a quiet night in at the hotel "on the station side, in the centre", but am more than happy to join any discerning 'mature' gentlemen and ladies for a meet up in somewhere nice with a big screen. I'd prefer to avoid the headbangers. Happy to be PMd.
Just to add....fell on my feet so am going to the match now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just looked up Top ten things to do in Amsterdam and there is no mention of beer, drugs or whores.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I’ve just looked up Top ten things to do in Amsterdam and there is no mention of beer, drugs or whores.
My top 10 would consist entirely of beer, although none of those places are likely to be showing the match...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here