Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A thread for those of us

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Wise words from the old stager.

I am quietly confident, but also know in a two horse race it could go either way. Win or lose we are still in a fantastic position for the coming years.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
who are only VERY quietly confident.

Not doom and gloom, but definitely not WE WILL THRASH THEM types either.

Not the types who will CROW on at any passing Nigels but equally will not indulge them in their "I can't see Palace winning" nonsense either.

If you don't fulfil this criteria and havent shown as much until now, you can nick off.

This is for the rest of us, and if Glenn-Murray or any other passing Nigel bell end comes on here after (if) they win, they can show some respect to those of us who showed some humility.

Hopefully we will win, but we could EASILY not do so. The whole league has been tight, never mind two teams separated by one league position.

:bigwave:
I'd align myself to those comments. I look at the playoffs the same way as I look at my betting, that is once the bet is placed I fully expect it to lose. That money is gone. Then when I lose, it isn't really a disappointment but on those delicious occasions when I win it is even sweeter as its unexpected.

I don't expect us to win, but I'll be thrilled if we do.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I think that we'll win narrowly over 2 legs. The difference between the two teams is down to Spanish Len. We have looked a much more complete team since he came to us and I believe that he'll be the difference in the next two games. However, I do give Palace a punchers chance. After what happened at Selhurst you can never write them off totally.

Intriguing is what these games might be described as, but I am bricking it a bit!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This is the clash between all that's good in our game, struggle, endeavour, heartache, and the long road back from the brink versus all that's bad in our game. Financial mismanagement, fraud, a penny in the pound, overspending to buy glory and...well..cheating to the tune of 14 penalty gains by simulation. It's the Luftwaffe versus the RAF, it's the Libyan resistance against Gaddafi, its the rebel alliance versus the fecking Empire!

We have to beat them. We just have to.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Everything points to us but I know that anything can happen in football. Just praying we don't get something like Dunk at Selhurst happening again which could end it for us.

Whatever the result I am so much happier with how things have gone and will look forward to next year even if it's in The Championship.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Don't understand all the fuss. We've won 4 out of the last 5 games scoring 12 goals in the process. We've won 2 of our last 3 away games and only conceded 1 goal which was a dubious penalty by the "sewer rat" at Leeds. The stats speak for themselves and I don't see us losing either game against Palarse!!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I'm in the confident camp. Everyone important is fit, everyone is in form. It's our time

Oooh I too am confident and camp. I am well fit and I am well formed if you have the time.

Oops sorry thought it was that gay thread.

Yep I'm in.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Quietly confident. Form counts for little in these games but we're proving hard to beat. A draw is on the cards for Friday but a narrow defeat isn't the end of the world(it'll make for a miserable weekend though). Mondays game is the one to really get the nails bitten

whitestrat

Dec 19, 2012
We have an extremely resiliant defence with two former England internationals, another two experienced defenders and a goalkeeper good enough for most Premiership sides. As a result we've conceded way less than a goal a game in the latter part of the season. Our attack includes plenty of players who have found the net on more than one occasion recently - Buckley, Lua Lua, Lopez, Ulloa, Barnes and Orlandi from memory. The defence and attack are linked by the best holding midfielder in the Championship who is likely be partnered by a solid midfielder no stranger to promotion from this league, whoever plays.

You would have to be a good side to beat us over two legs.

Palace are a good side.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I know that if we play to our standard, as we have been doing recently and specifically the Blackpool game, we would be good enough to get to the final. But form and the like tend to go out the window now and bearing in mind this is Palace, I am absolutely taking nothing for granted, and know we could easily get beaten.

Am I allowed stay on the thread??

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm too old and sensible to feel the way I do. But I do so clearly I'm not.

yours,

Excited (and very quietly confident) of Hove

I feel a heady mix of anxiety and satisfaction already. I fret in small parts of course, but any sort of thumping wouldn't have me dishevel in despair. The madness of these encounters has one almost on the outside of reason, so the downheartedness is brief and explosive and rather quick to overcome. Just as the delight is. I'm thrilled to be there and no surety lurks in me for a dosage of sickly braggadocio nor humiliation. We made it, and a step further would be astonishing, but not one that gives me life or death.

...What he said, I think???

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Do away goals matter? I could honestly see us loosing 1-2 away (dodgy red, dodgy penS, etc.) and that giving them confidence. 4-2 at home though :thumbsup: so won't matter (potentially after extra time)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Form has nothing to do with this now it's a massive two games for both clubs !
It will be whoever has the bottle on the day.
I think our players now know how much rivalry there is between the two clubs, but Gus is absolutely right in saying to them ..
" it's just another game and we play the way we always play " or words to that effect he used.
Yes it will be dreadful to lose to them but hey HO ! I'm still happy to be where we are as look where we were in 1997 at Hereford.

C'mon the Albion !!!! :albion2:

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I feel a heady mix of anxiety and satisfaction already. I fret in small parts of course, but any sort of thumping wouldn't have me dishevel in despair. The madness of these encounters has one almost on the outside of reason, so the downheartedness is brief and explosive and rather quick to overcome. Just as the delight is. I'm thrilled to be there and no surety lurks in me for a dosage of sickly braggadocio nor humiliation. We made it, and a step further would be astonishing, but not one that gives me life or death.

Sign me up simster, I'm with you as well. I believe we will win, but I know palace can pack a punch and the play offs are a special occasion where anything can and will happen. Just to say I wanted to start a thread on more or less the same subject but I felt I wasn't eloquent enough to post it. And a quote from @meads ball, love your posts baby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here