Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for people who were not fans of Prince or his music

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh the irony. You never have any case or serious point to make, just one snide remark after another, easily unpicked though like your paper thin persona.

Whatever you say Trollmiester :lolol::laugh:

I will leave you with your serious point about Prince. If bitter schoolgirl jealousy can be seen as jealousy.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A separate thread just so I don't upset a bunch of oversensitive people again.

Personally I never liked the either the guy or his music. Cannot think of anything memorable that he did.

Seemed like a nice guy though:

Sinead O'Connor spoke about her relationship with Prince in an interview with Norwegian station NRK in November 2014. She said that Prince had summoned her to his house after "Nothing Compares 2 U", a song that Prince wrote which became a worldwide hit for O'Connor in 1990. O'Connor said, "I made it without him. I'd never met him. He summoned me to his house—and it's foolish to do this to an Irish woman—he said he didn't like me saying bad words in interviews. So I told him to **** off." O'Connor alleged that the row became physical. "He got quite violent. I had to escape out of his house at 5 in the morning. He packed a bigger punch than mine."

Well he has now gone up 100% in my estimation. Anyone prepared to knock sense into that foul-mouthed Irish slap-head deserves respect.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I actually see him in the same way I see Sylvester Stallones film Character John Rambo. Now that takes some explaining doesn't it? Well OK.

As an image of masculinity he is a grotesque, appealing to just about pubescent girls, the sexually ambivalent and vacuous and shallow MTV soaked mush heads.

Let me explain that as well.If someone like that tried it on with that persona in a club then 1%of the time he would get the girl 99% of the time would get the crap beaten out of him. Therefore someone like that needs back up with money and muscle (prob both being 5ft 2in)and would be a strategic and manipulative person. I've known people like that, wereas you call him a performer(quite right in a way) I see a poser who I wouldn't turn my back on. Where some may think cool I see sleazy and creepy. I was not a Bowie fan but I get he was talented. Maybe Prince was talented, I just saw undesirable traits.

Riiiiight.
See you around Loonster.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Not trying to be offensive, just to say that I am getting somewhat tired of the media over hype to his death. He may have influenced the funk/jazz music of the 80's -90's but certainly not the whole world. I would guess that a lot of people of "senior" years may hardly of heard of him till now.
His passing is a massive loss to his fans ,of course, but not to me or the world at large.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not trying to be offensive, just to say that I am getting somewhat tired of the media over hype to his death. He may have influenced the funk/jazz music of the 80's -90's but certainly not the whole world. I would guess that a lot of people of "senior" years may hardly of heard of him till now.
His passing is a massive loss to his fans ,of course, but not to me or the world at large.

I think you do him a great disservice here. He was one of the greatest guitarists that the world has ever seen, right up there with Clapton and Hendrix. As a songwriter too he is also top class. I was listening to a documentary yesterday and to paraphrase he asked one of his band why ???(can't remember who is was) sold so many records. The reply came that they wrote power rock songs for a mainstream white audience and maybe Prince should have a crack at that. The result was Purple Rain that stayed at number 1 for 21 weeks (in the US). This is not to mention all the songs he wrote for others....... I would wager that a lot of your senior who have not heard of him will undoubtedly have heard of some of his songs.

I am no mega fan on his but IMHO the world at large was touched by his genius and is a worse place now he has gone. His contribution to music of many genres is amazing.

Prince sold over 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling artists of all time. He won seven Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe Award, and an Academy Award. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004, the first year of his eligibility.[6] Rolling Stone ranked Prince at number 27 on its list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I am no mega fan on his but IMHO the world at large was touched by his genius and is a worse place now he has gone.

Oh please, enough of your emotional tourism you prize turkey!

Firstly, traditionally Musicians or minstrels have always been treated with suspicion and scepticism by most normal folk. They as a trade indulge in manipulating your emotions not intellect, that is what music and ceremony do, not trying to be to blunt about it but THATS WHAT HITLER DID AT THE NUREMBURG RALLIES! That is probably why the Grauniad faun's over musicians like some shallow adolescent.

It isn't genius, they produce nothing of value, its just emotional titillation. Secondly its Idolatry, there is more than one religion that has or had strictures about having idolaters put to death. Musicians are not deities, all that has happened is that technology and mass consumption has allowed some to grow rich and famous. Usually in most professions you are made for life but to many of these characters manage to push the self destruct button.

The adulation of these clowns reflects a shallow and immature streak, one that makes tyrant salivate as they know how to emotionally manipulate the vane.

Yea ok some like his music, some liked his style. But if you didn't know him then this worshipping of the false idol is just a narcissists scratching post.In other words you get to publicly celebrate someone else's "Greatness" which you lack without having to follow through and defer to it in any manner. It is empty, but it doesn't surprise me that you take this tack.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh please, enough of your emotional tourism you prize turkey!

Firstly, traditionally Musicians or minstrels have always been treated with suspicion and scepticism by most normal folk. They as a trade indulge in manipulating your emotions not intellect, that is what music and ceremony do, not trying to be to blunt about it but THATS WHAT HITLER DID AT THE NUREMBURG RALLIES! That is probably why the Grauniad faun's over musicians like some shallow adolescent.

It isn't genius, they produce nothing of value, its just emotional titillation. Secondly its Idolatry, there is more than one religion that has or had strictures about having idolaters put to death. Musicians are not deities, all that has happened is that technology and mass consumption has allowed some to grow rich and famous. Usually in most professions you are made for life but to many of these characters manage to push the self destruct button.

The adulation of these clowns reflects a shallow and immature streak, one that makes tyrant salivate as they know how to emotionally manipulate the vane.

Yea ok some like his music, some liked his style. But if you didn't know him then this worshipping of the false idol is just a narcissists scratching post.In other words you get to publicly celebrate someone else's "Greatness" which you lack without having to follow through and defer to it in any manner. It is empty, but it doesn't surprise me that you take this tack.

Jesus, you are even more joyless and bitter than I thought.

Never miss the opportunity for some low quality trolling though eh?

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He didn't have any big hits that I heard on the radio after the 90's. Though I am sure his fans would like his latter work.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He didn't have any big hits that I heard on the radio after the 90's. Though I am sure his fans would like his latter work.

I was quite amazed at how many albums he released after the 90'. 20 odd Albums since 96 is a fair crack.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here