Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A striker. Please Tony, for Gods sake, sign us a striker

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The frustrating thing for me, and its been this way since OG, is the complete lack of pace and impetus.

Watch other teams on the break, their entire squad pushes forwards, makes runs, overlaps, opportunities.

We, conversely, get the ball and wait for the other team to get into position before making some timid steps forwards or, even more frustratingly, lumping it forward to nobody.

We need a massive overhaul this summer. Massive.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I don't think we're that far short of a decent Championship side, if we just got that striker. Our squad for much of last season wasn't great but we still came sixth. The biggest difference by far is Ulloa (and to a lesser extent Barnes in the first half of the season) against our current strikers. If we had a good Championship striker in front of these players (e.g. 15 goals a season), we would probably be top half now (which we are almost anyway since Hughton took over).
Agreed. Didn't think we did a great deal wrong in two thirds of the pitch yesterday, against a side with stacks of top flight experience, but it was another of those games that exposed our distinct lack of a natural goal threat in attack. Think of the number of times Leo proved the difference for us in those sorts of evenly-contested 'one goal will win this' type matches last season. We simply don't have that at the moment.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We try to play on the counter but without pace, that's a plan that will struggle to reward us without a single player that you call quick. As well as a striker we need a left back, 1 maybe 2 actual wingers and a centre back.

Wise words and something that really struck me when Wolves came down. Technically they were nothing special, but they seem to have had a decent enough season, based on their ability to break at pace. If we could just add some of that to our game, we would certainly create more chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here