A special mention for Robert Madley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Did he not get booked for smashing the ball away, once handball was called, rather than the actual handball??

Sky thought it was for handball

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
When did the rules change so that if you bring someone down when they're about to run clean through on goal it's only a booking? The commentators didn't even debate it but I thought Yedlin should've gone.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
When did the rules change so that if you bring someone down when they're about to run clean through on goal it's only a booking? The commentators didn't even debate it but I thought Yedlin should've gone.

He didn't yet have the ball under his control, plus there were other defenders who were well positioned to be able to defend it when they did.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't seen the replay of anything but just before the penalty, he was warning the players so they got their just deserts. As for people going on about these decisions meaning 4 or 5 pens a game, what planet are you on? If these are given consistently then defenders will soon stop wrapping their arms around attackers (something Bruno is often guilty of).

The ref wasn't diabolical but little things like blocking the throw should be a yellow and that then puts pressure on that player. The rules are quite clear and not really open to interpretation.

At the end of the day, our players buckled under pressure, evident in the number of bad passes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Haven't seen the replay of anything but just before the penalty, he was warning the players so they got their just deserts. As for people going on about these decisions meaning 4 or 5 pens a game, what planet are you on? If these are given consistently then defenders will soon stop wrapping their arms around attackers (something Bruno is often guilty of).

The ref wasn't diabolical but little things like blocking the throw should be a yellow and that then puts pressure on that player. The rules are quite clear and not really open to interpretation.

At the end of the day, our players buckled under pressure, evident in the number of bad passes.

I've just watched the multi cam highlights on Player (I'm a masochist) and you can clearly see Lascelles push Murray in the back, whilst Clark has his arms around him, which is why both Murray and Clark fell to the ground, so he was 'assaulted' by two of them.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Benitez constantly berating the 4th official last night was ridiculous, he even had a right pop at him when he thought a decision and free kick should have gone his way, but he was so incensed that he did not realise that the decision and free kick had already been awarded, in the end the 4th official just looked at him with a so what go away attitude.
I know a lot of managers do this but he was out of control and should have been told by the ref to shut up or go and sit in the stands.
Chris on the other hand has class oozing out of him because he knows that berating the 4th official is pointless.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought he did ok...and not as he is a town fan. Got the big decisions right...didn't put up with knockys histrionics and a couple of toon players rolling about and tried to let the game go where he could.

Clutching at straws to think he had an effect on the game.....if we go up, we will get more of these refs who are becoming wise to being conned.

Don't get me started on the Linos though. Just WFT do they actually do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports