Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A special mention for Robert Madley

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Got to agree with you.. I was complimentary about Saturday's refereeing performance, but thought this was back to the Roger East type game. No decision cost us anything, but I agree he seemed inconsistent, and wasn't helped by the linesman on the East side..

You think the referee good for a game we won but bad for a game we lost? Who'd have thought it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he did ok but the penalty could have been a kick either way as GM was pulling the defender. It would have helped Huddersfield cause had he booked Ritchie but he didnt so hay ho.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Colback should have been booked re the throw in....bit puzzled why just a booking when Baldock was through...wasn't keen on us taking our time over throw ins when ahead and yet not that bothered when Newcastle took an eternity before we scored...otherwise not arsed about him...just gutted we lost and hoarse from shouting

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Did Knockaert handle for his booking, as from my seat he looked like he headed it.

Thought the linesman in front of the west stand got the big decision right on whether the ball was over the line or not as it was right in line with the goal.

Agree with everyone else that the stopping of the quick throw should have been a yellow.

Overall thought the ref was OK.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thought he should have booked the Newcastle player who prevented the quick throw.

Exactly, stopping the quick throw to Baldock was no different from when he was brought down later in the half.

Both linemen were incompetent as well missing two obvious corners and a number of balls going out on the sidelines

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I think he got the Sidwell booking wrong.
Give a handball, yeah I could live with that.
But to give a yellow after the ball deflected off Sidwell's head onto his hand?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You think the referee good for a game we won but bad for a game we lost? Who'd have thought it.

Not really, and if I were looking for excuses for last night then you might have a point. I didn't think he cost us the game, far from it, and he wasn't the worst this season, but just didn't think he was very good, not helped by the linesman in front of the East stand. My posts on this in other threads say that..

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In many of the incidents being aimed at the ref here, he really needed help from.his assistants.

The one on the east side had 6 decisions to make in the first half and got three of them wrong. He also didn't help out the ref with the colback incident.

I thought the baldock one where the defender was booked looked right to me. Clearly fouled, wasn't clean through on goal and if anything his first touch seemed to take him towards the line.

Have to say though, Newcastle were the most professionally cynical team Ive seen this season. I mean that as a compliment

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sorry, meant to be Knockaert

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Sorry, meant to be Knockaert

Did he not get booked for smashing the ball away, once handball was called, rather than the actual handball??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did Knockaert handle for his booking, as from my seat he looked like he headed it.

Thought the linesman in front of the west stand got the big decision right on whether the ball was over the line or not as it was right in line with the goal.

Agree with everyone else that the stopping of the quick throw should have been a yellow.

Overall thought the ref was OK.

Knockaert headed the ball down but it hit his hand as it was falling, so accidental, not worthy of a booking, imo.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Knockaert headed the ball down but it hit his hand as it was falling, so accidental, not worthy of a booking, imo.

Yes and that came about because they were allowed to take a free kick about 20 yards from where it should have been.

Re the incident where Baldock was brought down, the ref indicated that the ball was heading towards the touchline and although Sam would have got to it he wouldn't have been straight through on goal.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The penalty call was correct, though no-one seems to mention Lascelles also pushing Murray in the back at the same time as Clark was wrestling him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here