Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A review from an Owl

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The last time I saw an albion team get hammered like you did in the first half on Monday was away at Cardiff a few years ago, and we somehow won that game. Sometimes the ball just won't go in, and the defenders step up to the occasion. Well played and I wish you luck in the final.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
GH.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've done something I've never done before and posted on another club's thread tonight. I think it's all part of the unraveling of my mind after last night's trauma. Anyway, I popped a congratulatory note on OwlsTalk. We've been underdogs all season and now they are. I hope they do it. They are a well supported club and have got where they are now without Premier League moolah to date.

A lot of nice stuff has come back. It's easy to be magnanimous when you've won obviously but they could have flamed me. Amidst the love-in I particularly liked the following...

"I don't know how we survived that first half. I've been watching us for over 30 years and I've never seen anything like it."

That just makes me feel a bit better. It seemed incredible from our side of the fence but it's good to know an opposition fan saw it the same way.

Sigh! Onwards...

You are a far better Man than me. I could not have posted all that. I still feel sick to the pit of my stomach and to have all those nauseating and patronising Wednesday posts back would make me vomit. They are also only saying it as they scraped through. They seem to like you though

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
You are a far better Man than me. I could not have posted all that.

It's sort of a verbal diarrhoea thing. I need to get all this crap out as part of the healing process and aside from this message board there's nowhere else to go that even comes close to understanding. I'm at work for the first time since Monday today and it's been odd being surrounded by people that don't care.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But if Hull stay down, they can spend their parachute payments next year to challenge again, which means more competition for us, right?

Depends how wisely they spend the money. Lots of examples of clubs spending and failing, such as Fulham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here