Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A review from an Owl

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Writing you off?

I hope your boys play them off the park! Hull is a dull team, boring as ****. If I had to choose between the 3 other teams, it would have been Wednesday (provided we went up auto)...

This is superb, exemplifies people having hissy fits because someone doesn't agree with them. Trump up the "opinion" card.

Pathetic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd rather Wednesday go up than Hull because if the latter are promoted their parachute payments for next season are returned to the Premier League and Palace will receive an extra £2.5 million to add to the similar bonus they've picked up from Burnley going straight back up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see Hull poaching any of our players if they go up, but Wednesday could well.

So Hull to go up is my choice.

But at the end of the day, the game at Wembley is not something I can be bothered to care about.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Really? I do find it amazing that anyone would come on a Brighton forum and talk about their 'tough times'.

Other than that, thanks for the kind words.

This. It's not just here, I've seen Wednesday fans bleating everywhere about how they deserve this because they've been through tough times. I'm not sure whether they're saying it to rub salt into the wounds, or if they really are that myopic.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd rather Wednesday go up than Hull because if the latter are promoted their parachute payments for next season are returned to the Premier League and Palace will receive an extra £2.5 million to add to the similar bonus they've picked up from Burnley going straight back up.

Seriously? is that how it works? well that's just plain daft. Surely it would be more sensible to share it out with the other Championship clubs who have lost out?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel better now I know what a rough time Wednesday have had and how deserving they are, much better that they get back to their rightful place than us getting above our station and robbing the Premier League of the Massive :smile:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I've done something I've never done before and posted on another club's thread tonight. I think it's all part of the unraveling of my mind after last night's trauma. Anyway, I popped a congratulatory note on OwlsTalk. We've been underdogs all season and now they are. I hope they do it. They are a well supported club and have got where they are now without Premier League moolah to date.

A lot of nice stuff has come back. It's easy to be magnanimous when you've won obviously but they could have flamed me. Amidst the love-in I particularly liked the following...

"I don't know how we survived that first half. I've been watching us for over 30 years and I've never seen anything like it."Sigh! Onwards...

Good job. At the end of the day, we are all in this together - we all love our teams but only a few can succeed in any one season. Swearing and rudeness at posters from other clubs achieves nothing.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I've done something I've never done before and posted on another club's thread tonight. I think it's all part of the unraveling of my mind after last night's trauma. Anyway, I popped a congratulatory note on OwlsTalk. We've been underdogs all season and now they are. I hope they do it. They are a well supported club and have got where they are now without Premier League moolah to date.

A lot of nice stuff has come back. It's easy to be magnanimous when you've won obviously but they could have flamed me. Amidst the love-in I particularly liked the following...

"I don't know how we survived that first half. I've been watching us for over 30 years and I've never seen anything like it."

That just makes me feel a bit better. It seemed incredible from our side of the fence but it's good to know an opposition fan saw it the same way.

Sigh! Onwards...

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/240241-a-seagull-eyes-view/

Great post and some decent replies.

Very easy to get lost in the cyberworld of the idiots who shout loudest, I tend to find most football fans are a decent bunch.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

"I don't know how we survived that first half. I've been watching us for over 30 years and I've never seen anything like it."

That just makes me feel a bit better. It seemed incredible from our side of the fence but it's good to know an opposition fan saw it the same way.

Sigh! Onwards...

Premier League call the shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is the big problem with English football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ey up me Southern muckers

Just want to add a few friendly words following our Play-off battle.

You were very unlucky last night and played magnificently in the first half. I couldn't quite believe we made it to the break with the score at 1 1.

Anyway good luck for next season and hard luck for last night.

Owls

We battered Hull for 30 minutes at the Amex as well and won 1-0 so I thought we would fade in the second half. Pity for us that our prearranged Plan B (Lualua) was a total damp squib.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But if Hull stay down, they can spend their parachute payments next year to challenge again, which means more competition for us, right?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Since our relegation in 2000 we've been through some very tough times and it hasn't been easy being a Wednesday fan.

Screenshot from 2016-05-18 11:51:06.png

theboybilly

That's obscene. All that money could easily have gone back to grass-roots football or been put into a fund to help out cash-starved clubs like Torquay.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm sure you mean well, but can you imagine how absurd that would sound to a fan of say Torquay or Wrexham? And no, you don't 'need to be in the Premisership' any more than any other club up and down the league pyramid does. I can't stand the sense of entitlement amongst fans of certain clubs.

Quite. 'Need to be in the Premier League,' what a load of tosh. They haven't been missed.

That said I'm resolutely unfussed which of Hull and Wednesday go up. I'm veering toward Wednesday becuase Hull have the air of forthcoming implosion about them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
But if Hull stay down, they can spend their parachute payments next year to challenge again, which means more competition for us, right?

its a tricky call i think as too who i want to go up...

Hull or Sheff Weds will be strong again next season you would imagine regardless.

Hull might actually lose a few including the manager if they dont make it, players are often willing to give 1 season a go in the Championship....2 is a different matter, although ofcourse they will still be able to buy good players.

Sheff Weds have money and will strengthen again like us you would imagine..... and I am sure like us they have 3 or 4 players that will get offers if they dont make it up...

Eitehr way im not bothered really.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
If Hull don't go up Bruce will leave, their better players will leave and Allam will pull the plug on finances.
If Wednesday don't go up they will strengthen because they have a strategy
So Wednesday to go up please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here