At both ends of the 1970s elegance spectrum:

Siouxie and Fanny:

siouxsie-sioux-by-austin-young-1341358553_b.jpg
ard.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
D'oh! Of course. Always get them mixed up.

They dress similar. The only real differences between them being Peck was a staunch catholic, accomplished sportsman and well educated honours student from California. Whereas Grant was a moody, bisexual flibbertyjibbet and was born Archibald Leach in the slums of Bristol. He didn't do too bad.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a child the 70s was a great time to be a kid though. Revolutionary times in toys, crisps and confectionary. And then there was STAR WARS...!!!! (and the High Chapparel on Sunday afternoons.

Not all bad therefore :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All mod cons, Hunky Dory, Dark side of the Moon, Songs in the Key of Life, Rumours, Hotel California, London Calling, Never mind the bollox, Exile on Main Street, What's going on?

Taxi Driver, The Godfather 1 and 2, Raging Bull, The Deerhunter, Long Good Friday, Saturday night Fever, All the Presidents Men, One flew over the Cuckoos nest,

The Sweeney, Steptoe and son, Porridge, Catweazle, Fawlty Towers, The Old Grey Whistle Test,

Enough said

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Definitely the 70s, best music, best food (especially snack food) and everything was nice and gaudy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1940's anyone?

"Labour's plan to radically expand the role of the state, revealed in its leaked draft manifesto yesterday, would result in a level of government intervention not seen since the 1940s and cause public spending to balloon by tens of billions of pounds a year.

Paul Johnson, one of the most respected fiscal economists in the country, said the party’s interventionist policies were “unprecedented”.

“This is about the state getting deeply involved in much more of the private sector than it has been, certainly since the 1970s, and perhaps since the 1940s,” said Johnson, head of the non-partisan Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS)."

http://www.cityam.com/264570/never-mind-70s-jeremy-corbyns-leaked-draft-manifesto-would

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Was going to go 50's all the way , but then realised I could buy a brand new Ford Capri if I choose 70's

70's it is . Complete with fluffy dice and handlebar moustache

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would have liked to have been about 8 years older so I would have been 16 at the beginning of the 60s. I would have appreciated the borth of rock and roll over here in the late 50s and been old enough to follow bands like the Beatles right through their careers. Whilst I was old enough to get their first records, I wasn't old enpugh to go to concerts etc. There was a great mod scene in Brighton in the early 60's that I just missed out on. The Who and the like did loads of concerts.
The seventies were good and I would still have been young enough to enjoy that era too (which I did).

SAC

May 21, 2014
If we go back to 1970 at the same age we are now, I would almost certainly dead by the 2016/17 season. Even more dead, if there were such a thing, if we went back to 1950.

The 70s may have had some awful fashions but it also had the beginning of the mod and ska revivals at the end of the decade. Musically it was a fantastic decade with The Who, Stranglers, Jam, Specials, Madness, Squeeze, Stones, Kate Bush, Ian Dury, Elvis Costello, Bowie, The Clash, Buzzcocks, Bob Marley, Blondie etc.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The pointy boobs sell almost had me but, 70s please.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
When it comes to the bikes can I have both please? Having driven a few Capris (my Dad was a motor dealer) they aren't all that although must admit I never had a go in 2.8i, bet it still wouldn't go around corners... :eek:

All the early Kwakers handled as if they had a hinge in the frame, frightened the life out of me when I first rode one, the Vincent however.........

Handling wise they were not known as the Crapi for nothing , over steered at the first opportunity though what would one expect having a solid rear axle and cart springs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here