Pick your decade wisely

• 50s

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • 70s

Votes: 42 72.4%

• Total voters

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The 70's started with 5 years of cruising sailor Heath, an associate of Savile. Then 74-79 we had Wilson and Callaghan before the emergence of the green grocer's daughter (another associate of Savile). So almost a 50/50 Tory/Labour split for the decade.

The thought of Savile takes me to the '50s. I'd rather be mugged by Audrey Hepburn from the rear of a Vespa.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The 70's started with 5 years of cruising sailor Heath, an associate of Savile. Then 74-79 we had Wilson and Callaghan before the emergence of the green grocer's daughter (another associate of Savile). So almost a 50/50 Tory/Labour split for the decade.

The thought of Savile takes me to the '50s. I'd rather be mugged by Audrey Hepburn from the rear of a Vespa.

Yeah but the 70s gave us Valerie Leon and Olivia Newton John. And Basil Brush. Just to clarify, I like Basil Brush on a purely platonic way.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
70s no doubt.... Bowie, Blockbuster, Susan George, The Big Match, Vesta curries, The Tomorrow People, Birmingham Bags, Simon shirts, Brutus jeans, Brut, Bit n Pieces on Radio One Roadshow..........

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah but the 70s gave us Valerie Leon and Olivia Newton John. And Basil Brush. Just to clarify, I like Basil Brush on a purely platonic way.

There's only one Fanny Craddock. All the sexuality of Thatcher. Around 8 minutes into this clip she cuts a phallic shape and a sticky, gooey mess oozes out.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
50s for me. There was respect, courtesy and style around in those days and it was the greatest time for the American Song Book and big bands. I was a child of the 40s so that probably explains my thinking. The 70s were very hard bringing up a family with mortgage rates in double figures, and constant wars between unions , employers and governments.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Albion didn't adopt the blue with white sleeves kit until the 1964/65 season

Er, yeah. That's why I went for the 50's option.

Not to be taken too seriously this thread. Just a little bit of fun.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I could look like this again on left .

Attachments

• img106.jpg
    img106.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 172

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But the 70s would have you looking like this right ponce.

2d0066s.jpg

Whereas all men dressed like Cary Grant and pulled Audrey Hepburn in the 50s.

24uxaqd.jpg

Seriously, which would you choose?

That's not Cary Grant ( from the slums of Bristol) that's Gregory Peck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here