Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Reading fan

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I lived in Australia I regularly played with and against an Ecuadorian (yes I know it's a different country but stick with me). He was about the size of Ulloa and kicked the s**t out of you non stop (he once hit someone so hard they landed by my feet - I was on the touchline waiting to come on). However if you touched him he fell over like an 8 year old girl. When people complained - as they did every match - he said "this is how everyone plays in South America.

Serious question as I didn't take much note of Gus when he was playing. Was he like that?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Serious question as I didn't take much note of Gus when he was playing. Was he like that?

He admitted in an interview when he first came over he was. It was his Chelsea team mates that had a go at him made him change his game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Someone's answered for me re Gus but look at Suarez. One minute he's biting you the next he's tripping over daisies.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Man in blue......

I wouldn't disagree with the first 3 points you make, however.......

Ulloa going down easily......... perhaps, but as you say that's modern football. What was shocking was the way Pearce went through the back of him time and time again, and the referee did nothing. Terrible centre-back, but then when it was 10 we didn't get near to testing him.

The surrounding of the referee for Greer's sending off, was football at its worst. Adkins and Reading should take a long look at themselves, even Le Fondre looked up a couple of times to see if anything was happening. Although Greer's sending off was correct IMO, the reaction of the Reading players brought the game into disrepute and I hope the FA have a look at it. It should be noted that some of this was driven by Adkins.

5. Adkins is not a poor manager and at times Reading tried to play some nice football, (which is very un-Adkins like - usually more direct). However, Brighton fans generally, have a dislike for him, which is a leftover from his time at Southampton. Refused to do a 'guard of honour', when we won the league, also comments relating to Brighton 'keeping up with Southampton. He is just is an odious individual, but as you say generally a successful one.

6. I really don't care.

I too hope we meet you in the play-off's.

spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here