Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for the refs. Sending off a player

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think all this confusion could have been avoided if the ref did his job properly and booked him thus sending the **** off . The player knew he was going and was amazed when mason gave him a second warning which prompted the substitution . Why oh why do we always get refs who give us nothing and yet they still say it evens itself out during the course of the season ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think all this confusion could have been avoided if the ref did his job properly and booked him thus sending the **** off . The player knew he was going and was amazed when mason gave him a second warning which prompted the substitution . Why oh why do we always get refs who give us nothing and yet they still say it evens itself out during the course of the season ???

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You ARE a Palace fan, yes?

That's 20-odd penalties in your promotion season, Palace?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Hasn't something like this happened before? I recall a player was being subbed (and already on a yellow) and as he was walking off the ref deemed him to be taking too long and hence, gave him a second yellow for time wasting.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You ARE a Palace fan, yes?

That's 20-odd penalties in your promotion season, Palace?

I'm talking about the premier league . There's a definite bias towards the so called big sides and yesterday just confirmed this .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Moving onto another referee issue. My understanding that if a player enters the field of play without the permission of the referee it is a yellow card. However when a team scores an important goal it always seems that the subs run onto the pitch to join in the celebration but are never booked, why not. Surely the referee must book these players regardless of what they are doing, much the same as they always book a player for removing his shirt after scoring.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Funny how the Norwich game disappears from the mind so quickly.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I have the nerdy gang all het up, stop taking yourselves so seriously ........................

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hasn't something like this happened before? I recall a player was being subbed (and already on a yellow) and as he was walking off the ref deemed him to be taking too long and hence, gave him a second yellow for time wasting.

Have you got me on block ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope - have you tried replying then? I have no one on 'block', although I probably should have.

No, but I posted this...

This actually happened last season to a Notts County player. He was already on a yellow, and was being subbed. He took too long leaving the pitch, so the ref showed him a 2nd yellow for timewasting, sending him off.

The ref then MISTAKENLY allowed the sub to come on the pitch. I think the 4th official alerted him though, and the sub had to return to the bench.

Ahh, here it is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29486461

And then shortly after, you posted this...

Sorry, was just being slightly facetious. I don't always read whole threads before replying either :thumbsup:

Chuggy12

Aug 3, 2015
Shoreham beach
I am a level 8 referee and if he is on the pitch and he has been sent off then arsenal would be down to 10 men but if he is off the pitch he would be sent to the changing room but arsenal would be allowed to carry on with 11 on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here