Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A pride of seagulls

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can I just make it clear I was commenting on the quality of the poem, I have no issues with either Pride or Homosexuals. Each to their own, live and let live. So I'm not quite sure how that makes me small minded. Or why people are getting all funny about it when the writer of the poem doesn't give a shit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Here's something. I was up at the Leeds game yesterday with, amongst others, 2 gay blokes. Proper, real-life gays. One's a STH at Falmer and the other, his boyfriend and one of my best mates, is a work-in-progress with regards to being a Brighton fan.

Not sure what point that makes but just thought it was an interesting aside.

Were you on the 18.05 Leeds to Kings Cross ? As we were pulling into Donny there was a Leeds fan who seemed a bit agitated after calling a Brighton fan gay and didn't like the reply which was that he was correct in his assumption.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I do. And part of my job (which I absolutely love) is taking on the chin the fact that some people think what I do is rubbish, precisely because enough other people enjoy it for me to make a living out of it :)

Attila my friend there is no need to react to others comments. Your poem was better than I could ever do.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I do. And part of my job (which I absolutely love) is taking on the chin the fact that some people think what I do is rubbish, precisely because enough other people enjoy it for me to make a living out of it :)

I bet a lot of people took it on the chin yesterday.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can I just make it clear I was commenting on the quality of the poem, I have no issues with either Pride or Homosexuals. Each to their own, live and let live. So I'm not quite sure how that makes me small minded. Or why people are getting all funny about it when the writer of the poem doesn't give a shit.

I thought you were a bit disrespectful but you argued your case well and nice use of the Ryan Harley example.

This reminds me, we haven't had our chilli show down. I think Commander should take a seat at the table too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This reminds me, we haven't had our chilli show down. I think Commander should take a seat at the table too.

I'm yet to be defeated at such an event.

Good. The boxing thing is definitely out as I have now lost use of my left knee but taste buds still hanging in there. Where/what are we thinking for this chaps?

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Saw attila in Bristol last year. Top top top. A cracking night. This poem - great fun.

Expect you can afford a hotel, lad, but if you're passing this way and need to crash - you can have the spare room.

Albion Legend.

A chilli showdown is a great idea. I'd pay good money to see that.

The NSC equivalent of two noblemen settling their differences with a duel -if Atilla will forgive me for describing him as a nobleman.

I'm happy to act as Commander's second (as long as it's not chillies at dawn)

And the loser should have to write a poem about the event.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A chilli showdown is a great idea. I'd pay good money to see that.

The NSC equivalent of two noblemen settling their differences with a duel -if Atilla will forgive me for describing him as a nobleman.

I'm happy to act as Commander's second (as long as it's not chillies at dawn)

And the loser should have to write a poem about the event.

THREE Noblemen. It was Lokki7 who started it originally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here