Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I guarantee you Potter will return at some point. Football is too fickle and to be fair RDZ is playing with the squad that he created. You remember it used to be called ‘potterball’ for a reason.
I don't think Potter did create that squad. I'm sure he had a say in some of it though.

He certainly never played half of the current match day squad , IMHO he didn't have the balls to blood some of the younger players, let alone got the performances results or goals RDZ has. The transformation has been as much of a contrast as CH last 6 months to Potters style after 6 months.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't think Potter did create that squad. I'm sure he had a say in some of it though.

He certainly never played half of the current match day squad , IMHO he didn't have the balls to blood some of the younger players, let alone got the performances results or goals RDZ has. The transformation has been as much of a contrast as CH last 6 months to Potters style after 6 months.
Yeah, but you can prove anything with facts :rolleyes:

It is a good point you make though. Much as I loved CH, it was obvious that GP was a big step forward and why we stuck with him when results weren't great. And (I hope) we'll do exactly the same when RDZ has a few 'dodgy' results as he's yet another big step forward :thumbsup:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's ok, I've checked Bloom's Manager selection algorithm, Computer Says No

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well if Palace can get an ex manager back, then why can't we?

It's not like we have any succession planner within the club. 😊

I guarantee you Potter will return at some point. Football is too fickle and to be fair RDZ is playing with the squad that he created. You remember it used to be called ‘potterball’ for a reason.
Can I have that guarantee in sound British pounds, please? I am happy to wager you £100 (paid to REMF) that he won't be back to manage here. For the sake of sanity let's allow the same interlude as the Mullery hiatus: 5 years (Adams was 8 but we had slumped back them and if we have slumped that bad again I won't give a shit who manages us).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think it would be entirely the worst decision if De Zerbe goes. I dont think from what I’ve heard about Bloom though he is the type of guy to have people close to him who haven’t shown the loyalty he most probably wanted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No for Judas Potter.
No for Snake-in-the-grass Bruno.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I have no problem with Bruno, we couldn’t guarantee him continued employment after a new coach was in situ, so he made a pragmatic decision.

Potter however, has paid the price for repeated instances of poor decision making. I’m sure he won’t need a history lesson to understand why he’s not wanted here.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Why are you feeling sorry for him? His plan could have ruined a club by clearing out the majority of back room staff. Luckily we TB at the helm.
I did not like his leaving with his team anymore than you. However his family have been the subject of horrible abuse on the web and as for Potter you only have to look at pictures of him to see what the time at Chelsea has done to him. Ok he has financial security for life but time out from the game might be a good idea. It’s not me feeling sorry for him but an observation on the consequences of his move to Chelsea.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
With all this free time on his hands wonder if he’s got an Albion+ membership?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in the studio for our semi final

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This place would implode.

And then welcome him back as the new messiah after the the first win.

Fickle....

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Just a thought. If RDZ gets poached and is tempted by greener pastures is it beyond the realms of possibility that Bloom would welcome Potter and his entourage back? What would be the fan reaction?

Fans would be more concerned about other Albion fans retaining the idea that we are easily cherry picked, increasing evidence suggests this is no longer the case.

Maybe instead of worrying what other clubs may do focus on what we can do(Maybe beat some big clubs to a signing or 3?).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I really liked Potter until he dumped us in the (what I thought at the time) shit. It was a bit like your partner saying they want to end the relationship in the morning & then by the time you've got home from work the entire house has been stripped of everything (that maybe a tad/very overdramatic).
However, I've had chance to reflect & hold no grudges or anger.... it's a no from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here