Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Potter return

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Inside his head this is probably true TBH. I still think he genuinely expected he'd get a good reception at the Amex.
100%. Some journalist said that it was his reaction in private to this unexpected beasting from the crowd that lost the confidence of some senior players that he had the mindset to be a winner, which is why that defeat started the downward trajectory.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No chance.

But I do laugh at all the people panicking about RDZ leaving and 'its all downhill from here'. We had all that when potter left.

Our squad is so good I'm in two minds whether RDZ is underachieving. I think our team is better than Newcastle's. It's certainly better than Fulham or Brentford and they are both very close to us and have beaten us.
This is from RDZ's presser yesterday:

"I think the coaches are not so important like the people think.

"When you win and lose, the coaches can give the players mentality and style of play, but when we talk about the results you can't achieve the result without the players and the quality of players, not only the quality of the coaches"

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
This is from RDZ's presser yesterday:

"I think the coaches are not so important like the people think.

"When you win and lose, the coaches can give the players mentality and style of play, but when we talk about the results you can't achieve the result without the players and the quality of players, not only the quality of the coaches"

When I read this yesterday it made me wonder if TB's more circumspect attitude to hiring and firing might work in our favour when the vultures start circling in the summer.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I did not like his leaving with his team anymore than you. However his family have been the subject of horrible abuse on the web and as for Potter you only have to look at pictures of him to see what the time at Chelsea has done to him. Ok he has financial security for life but time out from the game might be a good idea. It’s not me feeling sorry for him but an observation on the consequences of his move to Chelsea.
And also showing a bit of empathy sadly missing from some here.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
1680593391919.png

Attachments

• 1680593336261.png
    1680593336261.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 22

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Potter is part of our history as a club. History is in the past.

Potter should always be in the past.

It'd be like a girlfriend who left you to jump on the hampton of a man who drives a Lamborghini and showers her with expensive gifts. Said rich man dumps her, then she sidles back up to you hoping all will be forgotten and it's all as it was.

Well... in RDZ we've found a bird with bigger tits, a smaller waist, better dressed - and she does things your ex couldn't.

Game over Graham. Thanks for the memories, but we've moved on. :thumbsup:
Nicely put!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here