Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A point against Burnley

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have to admit we were particularly negative at Brighton. We'd had a run of poor results and it seems were determined to get a point. Hopefully we'll be more attacking this time.

Barnes and Wood are both doubtful, but their form has been so poor that Rodriguez and Vydra could be an upgrade. We did score 3 against Villa!

It wasn't meant as a negative, you came to do a job and you did it well. Defended brilliantly that night.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
A point? Stuff that for a lark. We've been threatening to give someone a damned good rogering all season, and I honestly believe Burnley will be on the receiving end of one tomorrow.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Never forget that Fulham and Burnley still have to play each other twice.

They both can't get 6 points from those 2 games.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Agree with a lot of the posts. If we had a fully fit squad I'd back us to win after the way we've played. However with so many injuries to key players a point would be more than welcomed. Burnley are a good solid football team with probably the best goalkeeper in the league we play nicer stuff than them and I believe we have a better squad than them but their style is perfect for grinding out narrow wins and draws against more footballing sides like us. They will see this as a must not lose match and it's a very important match at the bottom half of the table. Nobody goes to Burnley and expects an easy win even with a full squad it's always gonna be a close game either way.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Burnley are a good solid football team with probably the best goalkeeper in the league

You take that back!

BOB1.gif

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not for me Jeff

We are in great form and the pressure is MASSIVELY on them tomorrow and I see this as a very good chance to exploit this.

Let’s make a relegation battle their problem not ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Would be very happy with a point. A brighton team in good form against physical lowly opponent is exactly the sort of game we seem to lose.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any point away is good.

This football cliche has been thoroughly debunked during the pandemic (see MoTD for stats). Teams are better away now.

I’m expecting a win here alongside my expectation of mostly home draws for the rest of the pandemic.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Would you take a point right now? Personally I would. Although I think we are better than them and after our last two massive wins as fans it would be acceptable to get carried away and expect us to beat Burnley. However, we have up to 9 players out injured, Burnley are very much a physical long ball side, who are particularly dangerous at set pieces and we struggle against teams like this even with a full side out.

I think a point keeps the momentum going and keep adding to the points tally but obviously would rather win.

Going to be a tough game regardless.

All of this, at Albion we seem to have a history of winning the unwinnable games, but losing to teams that we should, on paper at least, be beating easily.

Wonderful to win naturally. but I'd be delighted with a point, just to keep the momentum going, and to stop Burnley gaining on us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have to admit we were particularly negative at Brighton. We'd had a run of poor results and it seems were determined to get a point. Hopefully we'll be more attacking this time.

Barnes and Wood are both doubtful, but their form has been so poor that Rodriguez and Vydra could be an upgrade. We did score 3 against Villa!

Please please can you target our keeper with your set-pieces again! Thanks [emoji106]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wood out? Thank f*** for that. That sod ALWAYS scores when we play Burnley. It’s as if he has a personal vendetta against the Albion for letting him go ten years ago. Fingers crossed that we do the business as Burnley seem to jinx us whenever we play them.

We didn't let him go. He was a West Brom player on loan to us.
Apart from that, I agree with you.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Would you take a point right now? Personally I would. Although I think we are better than them and after our last two massive wins as fans it would be acceptable to get carried away and expect us to beat Burnley. However, we have up to 9 players out injured, Burnley are very much a physical long ball side, who are particularly dangerous at set pieces and we struggle against teams like this even with a full side out.

I think a point keeps the momentum going and keep adding to the points tally but obviously would rather win.

Going to be a tough game regardless.
Trouble is how many people wanted a point away to Leeds, a point against Tottenham and a point away to Liverpool. That's only 3 points total when we got 9. Would I go for a point against Burnley now . . . yes as it keeps our momentum. I'll be disappoint not getting 3 but 1 is better then zero.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We haven’t really got ‘9 players out’ though have we? That is Argus headline BS as normal. Current starting 11 we are missing March and Veltman as Macargie is supposed to be fit. Propper has been mainly on the bench, while Lallana (and he might even start) and Lamptey have been out for months. The only other player who would arguably start is Welbeck but again been out for weeks.

So we are 2 players down from our recent ‘normal’ starting 11, hardly white flag waving time. We should 100% go for this, we are a better football team than Burnley and they know it who I expect will line up with 8 players behind the ball again, I hope they don’t because if they go toe to toe and open with us then I’d fancy us strongly.

Time to rest the regulars is Wednesday not tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here