Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A plea to Hughton - Bruno

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I partly see what your saying but in all honesty there is no point buying a player the CH doesn't want just so he can play V Derby. We obviously have targets in mind but currently they haven't come off. It's the same for a lot of clubs especially in the Chanpionship. We just have to sit and wait to see what's available after the PL riches have stocked their squad with who they want and have told players they won't be in their PL squads for the year.

Agreed.
PS: PL Clubs will be submitting their top 25 after the window has shut this season. And no loans are possible again until January. Which is why many PL clubs are offloading fringe players now instead of waiting til Sept.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
In an ideal world that isnt good enough it should have been sorted yesterday. 3 points lost today could be the decider at the end of the season with Derby also being a promotion contender. In fairness to CH he did say it may not be sorted until end of August.

There will be plenty of points dropped, decisions that go against us, penalties not awarded, injuries etc etc. Yes, we may be exposed today but we have just got to be better than at least 22 other teams over 46 games. And that applies to every club!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder if Hughton has weighed up the options of where we are with our CB targets, how fit Uwe and Goldson are, the strengths of Bruno at CB and decided on the right thing to do given that 3 points are at stake. And i wonder if he even remembers how we missed out last season purely on goal difference and how Derby will probably be up there in the top 6.
I wonder. ??
But Chris doesn't know much about defenders, he needs NSC to help him make the right decision.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I wouldn't be surprised to sacrifice a winger and see an extra man in midfield to protect the centre of defence.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Although I don't think it's the right time to throw Hall in and have to confess I've not seen him play, didn't Dunk make his debut deputising for one of our senior CBs (Greer?) at the very start of the season a few years back?

He came in and looked the business and is now considered a £10m player

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There will be plenty of points dropped, decisions that go against us, penalties not awarded, injuries etc etc. Yes, we may be exposed today but we have just got to be better than at least 22 other teams over 46 games. And that applies to every club!

That is a myth under which most people operate, it is only August plenty of time but how many times have we lost a game in August Sptember against the odds and said in May if only. To lose 3 points to a promotion contender is a bad move whenever it happens. I remember a few seasons back losing at home to Barnsley, probably their first and only away win, and thinking the same but come May it transpired it was a vital defeat.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That is a myth under which most people operate, it is only August plenty of time but how many times have we lost a game in August Sptember against the odds and said in May if only. To lose 3 points to a promotion contender is a bad move whenever it happens. I remember a few seasons back losing at home to Barnsley, probably their first and only away win, and thinking the same but come May it transpired it was a vital defeat.

Yes, but I was trying to get across the point that there will be other events that will determine our season, not just this one. I think where we have to improve is not getting so many draws from games we are winning. That in my opinion is our achilles heel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but I was trying to get across the point that there will be other events that will determine our season, not just this one. I think where we have to improve is not getting so many draws from games we are winning. That in my opinion is our achilles heel.

We must quickly learn to protect a lead and that the match may last 95 mins or so. Having Murray may help any last minute aerial onslaught.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
If Dunk is worth 10 million he should go some way to making up for any of Bruno's deficiencies. The truth of the matter is that Dunk is probably as likely to make a decisive error as Bruno. The real answer of course is to play the game in Derby's half and score more than we let in.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'm with you on that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure Hall is better than either Ben White or Dallison, who I thought would have been recalled.

I don't see we have a better choice than Bruno. The key will be for Dunk to stay in position and not go wandering like he normally does, hopefully Bruno can talk to him.

Looks like CH agrees with you - White is one of the subs, Hall isn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Warren Aspinal pretty scathing on Albion's inability to have brought in another centre-back by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here