Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Palace View

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Our defence was injured, and a replacement sent off, so impossible to compare.
They? It was one mistake by one person.

I didn't see Zaha do anything to be honest. A lot of step overs, followed by a short run down the line and a poor cross.
Bolasie (come on, get his name right) had a good game, but with 10 men and Bridge and El-Abd out, we were going to struggle.

They were definitely up for it, but when things go so badly for you, of course you're going to be down.

We'll never know.

Hi Trigaaar ! How are you man - good weekend ?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think Zaha's performance was half down to him having an off day (maybe trying to hard to impress/shut up Gus?) and half down to Bridcutt man marking him. You have one hell of a player there and will do well to keep hold of him in January from the Premiership vultures. As other Palace have said, it's totally unfair to judge Wilf on that one game, Bolasie played amazing but Wilf has been playing like Bolasie did on Saturday for about 90% of his games this season, every player in the world has the odd off day, Messi included.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With all due respect you're basing that on one game.

Zaha was poor for his standards on Saturday
I agree. It sounds like he wasn't great against Hull or Leeds either, but that doesn't mean he's not still excellent.

in 90% of the games this season Zaha has been the stand-out player
Sorry to be pedantic, but he hasn't been in the last 3/3 games, and he wouldn't have been in the first 3 games you lost. So even if he was in the other 14 games (which I've no doubt he wasn't) that's only 70%. I'm sure he's an excellent player, but he's not as good as Palace fans think he is.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi Trigaaar ! How are you man - good weekend ?
Hello. Apart from about 3 1/2 hours on Saturday, yes I did. By 6.30 on Saturday I was taking the kids to some pirates and smugglers festival.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
They were the better team. I struggled to hang on through the second half as it was like watching your best mate slowly, and with dextrous sublime sweetness, bring your missus to a mind-shuddering, torso-wracking orgasm.

Watching her lithe, limbs, damp with streams of sweat, wrap themselves around his waist. And then starting with a murmur, a hoarse, almost animalistic roar, rise throught the octaves to finally erupt in a heart-rending shriek of unyielding pleasure.

And then, as that third penalty went in, I could see them both looking at me. Her, her face filled with pity, guilt but no attempt to hide her unbridled pleasure. Him, sumg, spent and gasping for breath. Knowing that without doubt, he has broken your spirit, your heart, your hopes.

But like love, football gives us another day. That sweet, pent-up outpouring of joy will come. When the barbarians from South London leave the Amex truly bested. Let us hope.

Without emotions like those I felt for 48 hours after 5pm on Saturday; life is nothing.

Thank God for Brighton and Hove Albion. THank God for football. THank God for the derby. It's back. I've missed it these last 15 years.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I agree. It sounds like he wasn't great against Hull or Leeds either, but that doesn't mean he's not st

Sorry to be pedantic, but he hasn't been in the last 3/3 games, and he wouldn't have been in the first 3 games you lost. So even if he was in the other 14 games (which I've no doubt he wasn't) that's only 70%. I'm sure he's an excellent player, but he's not as good as Palace fans think he is.

Come on Trig, that is very pendantic, even for you! I can just imagine you sitting there typing into your calculator :lolol:

He was still our best player in the early games that we lost (not hard to be fair) and even when he has played to a lower standard than normal in his recent games, he has still been one of our most threatening players in flashes, at Leeds he created 2 or 3 chances all by himself and against Hull he was clean through on goal but got pulled back and he also nearly won it for us in the last minute. His worst game this season was against you lot, typical really. But guess you feel the same about Buckley, I know he is a lot better than his performance on Saturday suggested.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on Trig, that is very pendantic, even for you! I can just imagine you sitting there typing into your calculator :lolol:
Feel free to post a sketch.

But guess you feel the same about Buckley, I know he is a lot better than his performance on Saturday suggested.
I don't think there was anything wrong with Buckley on Saturday, but he needs to be part way up the field and have some support. With our depleted team being so deep he had no chance on Saturday.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Feel free to post a sketch.

I don't think there was anything wrong with Buckley on Saturday, but he needs to be part way up the field and have some support. With our depleted team being so deep he had no chance on Saturday.

There were still a few times where he had the ball one on one agains't Ward and he did nothing with it. Playing that long with 10 men is very hard I agree, but it's not impossible, Derby beat Forest a couple of years ago at the City Ground with 10 men after a sending off in the first 15 minutes, it can be done. On a positive, I was very impressed by Bridcutt, I'd say him and Jedi would form the strongest central midfield 2 in the entire division if they played together and I also felt CMS worked his socks off. Did you stay to the end? Fair play if you did.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did you stay to the end? Fair play if you did.
No, left with about 5 mins to go. In my defence, I had to get home to take the kids out, so I figured that was a better option than suffering any more.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No, left with about 5 mins to go. In my defence, I had to get home to take the kids out, so I figured that was a better option than suffering any more.

That's cool, you didn't leave straight after the 3rd so respect.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Looked like it could have been a tasty game today but your defence did not look like the meanest in the division and that's what cost you.

What the fvck were they playing at for the red card ? Really poor, maybe they were just not in the right frame of mind for this game ? Either way it was a massive gift and set the tone for the rest of the game.

We struggled a bit with you just letting us have the ball after that and plonking everyone behind it, for us we then had to score so you then had to come out and we were patient and it came. Cracking header from FFS. Your lad really should have made it 1-1 but somehow left shooting until the last possible moment and hit the post - smacked of a striker short of confidence.

More comedy defending that led to FFS rounding the keeper although it was a soft one for me - but these days if you're the defender or keeper and you dive in, you must get the ball - if you don't you're gonna be struggling.

Second penalty was the daftest thing I have ever seen - great big two handed shove on FFS - truly bizarre that any defender would do that.

I thought Zaha skinned your 2/3 markers as often as he got tackled but your lad marking Bolassie got skinned time and time again. Didn't see much of Buckley which was a shame as you lot rate him. But I really think you lot weren't really up for it and barring the beginning of the 2nd half the heads were down.

Thought your support was much better this year, but understandably quiet after the red and 2nd goals. Having a pop at the family stand seems a bit pointless but they have it back and it's not your fault we put you down there. Fair play to those who stayed until the end - cant have been fun.

Shame the red spoiled it but I'm not complaining, and it would have been 1-0 If he hadnt have brought him down. See you at the Amex in March...

Knob.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
As some have already said on other threads - it was a repeat of Southampton away last season. Feel frustrated that we didn't get to compete on even terms but that was our own fault. Missed opportunity to equalise which would have made the game more exciting (but probably would still have lost) and first penalty was dodgy/soft. Great support poor officials.

Lets hope the repeat fixture also turns out like Southamptons did.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
They were the better team. I struggled to hang on through the second half as it was like watching your best mate slowly, and with dextrous sublime sweetness, bring your missus to a mind-shuddering, torso-wracking orgasm.

Watching her lithe, limbs, damp with streams of sweat, wrap themselves around his waist. And then starting with a murmur, a hoarse, almost animalistic roar, rise throught the octaves to finally erupt in a heart-rending shriek of unyielding pleasure.

And then, as that third penalty went in, I could see them both looking at me. Her, her face filled with pity, guilt but no attempt to hide her unbridled pleasure. Him, sumg, spent and gasping for breath. Knowing that without doubt, he has broken your spirit, your heart, your hopes.

But like love, football gives us another day. That sweet, pent-up outpouring of joy will come. When the barbarians from South London leave the Amex truly bested. Let us hope.

Without emotions like those I felt for 48 hours after 5pm on Saturday; life is nothing.

Thank God for Brighton and Hove Albion. THank God for football. THank God for the derby. It's back. I've missed it these last 15 years.
That was beautiful rupert just beautiful ! And may I say mildly arousing .

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011

Stand-out player in our team. He was the only player who looked like doing anything in those first three games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here