Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Palace View

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Looked like it could have been a tasty game today but your defence did not look like the meanest in the division and that's what cost you.

What the fvck were they playing at for the red card ? Really poor, maybe they were just not in the right frame of mind for this game ? Either way it was a massive gift and set the tone for the rest of the game.

We struggled a bit with you just letting us have the ball after that and plonking everyone behind it, for us we then had to score so you then had to come out and we were patient and it came. Cracking header from FFS. Your lad really should have made it 1-1 but somehow left shooting until the last possible moment and hit the post - smacked of a striker short of confidence.

More comedy defending that led to FFS rounding the keeper although it was a soft one for me - but these days if you're the defender or keeper and you dive in, you must get the ball - if you don't you're gonna be struggling.

Second penalty was the daftest thing I have ever seen - great big two handed shove on FFS - truly bizarre that any defender would do that.

I thought Zaha skinned your 2/3 markers as often as he got tackled but your lad marking Bolassie got skinned time and time again. Didn't see much of Buckley which was a shame as you lot rate him. But I really think you lot weren't really up for it and barring the beginning of the 2nd half the heads were down.

Thought your support was much better this year, but understandably quiet after the red and 2nd goals. Having a pop at the family stand seems a bit pointless but they have it back and it's not your fault we put you down there. Fair play to those who stayed until the end - cant have been fun.

Shame the red spoiled it but I'm not complaining, and it would have been 1-0 If he hadnt have brought him down. See you at the Amex in March...

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Considering you normally post shyte, this is a good post from you. Very reasonable indeed, I didn't see what was happening to the family stand, and quite a few of us stayed until the end. Thought we were okay today atmosphere wise, not always easy to be great when you lose to your closest rivals.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
This, hopefully it will be more of a contest on March 17th.

It should be a great contest, unless we capitulate during the xmas period, I fully expect us to be challenging for the top 6 at least come March and I'd be very surprised if you weren't as well.

Needless to say, I'd take a point to guarantee bragging rights.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Defence? No defenders on the bench, our 2nd choice right back starts left back, one of our central defenders gets sent off, our left back goes to centre back so our left midfielder goes left back, he gets injured so then our defensive midfielder fills in at left back.

You couldn't make it up.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Considering you normally post shyte, this is a good post from you. Very reasonable indeed, I didn't see what was happening to the family stand, and quite a few of us stayed until the end. Thought we were okay today atmosphere wise, not always easy to be great when you lose to your closest rivals.

Heheheh well I'm usually just on the wind up, but no need to be a cvnt after today

Very impressed that a load of you stayed, like I said some good support today. Although we should have given you more seats and done away with the sterile areas that's a load of nonsense - a double row of old bill could do the same job.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Wasn't at the game but from the TV highlights I'd suggest that a lot of the 'handbags' between Murray and our defenders is down to a bit of a personal issue amongst our squad about him leaving ?

Anyway, it looked to me as if a few of our players were out to settle a few 'scores' regarding Murray, as we don't normally use tag wrestling as a viable means of defence.

I'm getting a little p***** off at the way our squad seem to find it so easy to lose their heads and get rattled at Selhurst Park, we need to put personal 'grudge match' ideas to one side and act a lot more professionally......

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Looked like it could have been a tasty game today but your defence did not look like the meanest in the division and that's what cost you.

Bit harsh to make a judgement on our defence when we had a defender sent off after 5 mins!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

What the fvck were they playing at for the red card ? Really poor, maybe they were just not in the right frame of mind for this game ? Either way it was a massive gift and set the tone for the rest of the game.

We struggled a bit with you just letting us have the ball after that and plonking everyone behind it, for us we then had to score so you then had to come out and we were patient and it came. Cracking header from FFS. Your lad really should have made it 1-1 but somehow left shooting until the last possible moment and hit the post - smacked of a striker short of confidence.

More comedy defending that led to FFS rounding the keeper although it was a soft one for me - but these days if you're the defender or keeper and you dive in, you must get the ball - if you don't you're gonna be struggling.

Second penalty was the daftest thing I have ever seen - great big two handed shove on FFS - truly bizarre that any defender would do that.

I thought Zaha skinned your 2/3 markers as often as he got tackled but your lad marking Bolassie got skinned time and time again. Didn't see much of Buckley which was a shame as you lot rate him. But I really think you lot weren't really up for it and barring the beginning of the 2nd half the heads were down.

Thought your support was much better this year, but understandably quiet after the red and 2nd goals. Having a pop at the family stand seems a bit pointless but they have it back and it's not your fault we put you down there. Fair play to those who stayed until the end - cant have been fun.

Shame the red spoiled it but I'm not complaining, and it would have been 1-0 If he hadnt have brought him down. See you at the Amex in March...

There's no place on this board for such a sensible post from a Palace fan. Get away with you and don't come back unless you are prepared to post biased rubbish.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Fair play to Palace, they were up for it and got the result.

But I'm sure they would rather have won against 11 men, and without the need for a dodgy penalty. This was a derby game that had do much anticipation attached to it and we all knew it was effectively over after six minutes.

I'd actually rather lose 3-0 to Palace in a full-blooded game with 11 players against another 11, everyone playing to the best of their abilities. This just feels unsatisfactory and I wouldn't be surprised if there were Palace fans who felt the same, despite the euphoria.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
A reasonable summary although I do not agree about Zaha I went with an open mind and I was very dissappointed in him the other winger Bolassie was by far the better player. After the game I felt let down and empty more than angry, annoyed, etc we made the game far too easy for Palace and it showed how fragile we are as a squad we are desperate for a striker that can score and a real leader on the pitch.

So move onto the Charlton game heads up and bring on the game in March at the Amex our chance for revenge.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

Fair comment, although Zaha is what we thought, very overated, he does more step overs than a Ginger Rogers routine and he did not really cause any problems, it was like step over, step over, step over, fall over or dive, not sure he actually crossed the ball once. He needs to improve a hell of lot if he going to be a 20 million pound player, give me Lua Lua cousin any day, he played well and looked dangerous, Zaha did not worry me at all as he is so predictable, let him do his tricks as he does not hurt you and that is what a lot of Palace think as well.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Fair comment, although Zaha is what we thought, very overated, he does more step overs than a Ginger Rogers routine and he did not really cause any problems, it was like step over, step over, step over, fall over or dive, not sure he actually crossed the ball once. He needs to improve a hell of lot if he going to be a 20 million pound player, give me Lua Lua cousin any day, he played well and looked dangerous, Zaha did not worry me at all as he is so predictable, let him do his tricks as he does not hurt you and that is what a lot of Palace think as well.

With all due respect you're basing that on one game.

Zaha was poor for his standards on Saturday (Bolasie stole the show), but in 90% of the games this season Zaha has been the stand-out player and has added goals and assists to his trickery.

Believe me, he is FAR better than what he showed vs you guys. Bridcutt stuck to him like glue and did well, but Zaha made it too easy for him, over playing it in silly areas.

The whole Zaha vs Buckley thing was bound to end with both of them having poor games. Bolasie was the best winger (and player) on the pitch by a mile. We're lucky to have got him so cheap.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Bit harsh to make a judgement on our defence when we had a defender sent off after 5 mins!

Well yes, but what caused that ? And the 2 pens could easily have been avoided - it wasn't as if your lads just got done by pace and trickery.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
your defence did not look like the meanest in the division and that's what cost you.
Our defence was injured, and a replacement sent off, so impossible to compare.
What the fvck were they playing at for the red card ? Really poor, maybe they were just not in the right frame of mind for this game ?
They? It was one mistake by one person.

I thought Zaha skinned your 2/3 markers as often as he got tackled
I didn't see Zaha do anything to be honest. A lot of step overs, followed by a short run down the line and a poor cross.
your lad marking Bolassie got skinned time and time again.
Bolasie (come on, get his name right) had a good game, but with 10 men and Bridge and El-Abd out, we were going to struggle.

I really think you lot weren't really up for it and barring the beginning of the 2nd half the heads were down.
They were definitely up for it, but when things go so badly for you, of course you're going to be down.

it would have been 1-0 If he hadnt have brought him down.
We'll never know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here