The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bring back pitches like this and problem solved
1684930160234.png

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Clearly, I have real problems but the way the pitch is cut at the Amex is driving me nuts.

Let me explain.

Look at this picture...

View attachment 161288

Working from the byline towards the halfway line, there are three identical cuts of six yards apiece, neatly arranged on the edge of the six yard box, at the penalty spot and then at the edge of the 18-yard area.

So far, so neat and pretty.

But then it gets messy.

Judging by all available evidence, the Amex pitch is 105 yards long, meaning that the remaining six sections are, if equal, just 5.75 yards long.

But looking at the fourth cut, just outside the area, that appears to be the same as the first three, meaning the other five sections must be even shorter.

Can one of the grounds staff please confirm the exact measurements of each section please as I'm not sure I can carry on.
paul.barber@bhafc.co.uk

Good luck withe reply :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, that is 114.8 yards. So each half is 57.4 yards. Less the 18 yard box is 39.4 yards. The OP's pic has the pitch between the halfway line and edge of 18 yard box as 6 stripes and they would therefore be 6.57 yards each if divided equally.

It does look like the stripe outside the box is the same as inside, so this would be 4 equal 6 yard stripes at 24 yards. Therefore the remaining 5 stripes to the halfway line would be 6.68 yards each.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think they should dig it up and reseed it after the next game, ready for next season.

Oh....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Isn't this just some weird trick of the perspective?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Clearly, I have real problems but the way the pitch is cut at the Amex is driving me nuts.

Let me explain.

Look at this picture...

View attachment 161288

Working from the byline towards the halfway line, there are three identical cuts of six yards apiece, neatly arranged on the edge of the six yard box, at the penalty spot and then at the edge of the 18-yard area.

So far, so neat and pretty.

But then it gets messy.

Judging by all available evidence, the Amex pitch is 105 yards long, meaning that the remaining six sections are, if equal, just 5.75 yards long.

But looking at the fourth cut, just outside the area, that appears to be the same as the first three, meaning the other five sections must be even shorter.

Can one of the grounds staff please confirm the exact measurements of each section please as I'm not sure I can carry on.
Time to ditch the 'well run club' tag.

#shambles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here