Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Pain in the Grass

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Clearly, I have real problems but the way the pitch is cut at the Amex is driving me nuts.

Let me explain.

Look at this picture...

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.12.15.png

Working from the byline towards the halfway line, there are three identical cuts of six yards apiece, neatly arranged on the edge of the six yard box, at the penalty spot and then at the edge of the 18-yard area.

So far, so neat and pretty.

But then it gets messy.

Judging by all available evidence, the Amex pitch is 105 yards long, meaning that the remaining six sections are, if equal, just 5.75 yards long.

But looking at the fourth cut, just outside the area, that appears to be the same as the first three, meaning the other five sections must be even shorter.

Can one of the grounds staff please confirm the exact measurements of each section please as I'm not sure I can carry on.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Never was any good at these. Hmm. Is the answer that Johnny still has £5?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It’s some sort of initiative to assist VAR. No more fancy patterns on the pitch, just a mandated mowing pattern:

Starting at one end, mow in one direction for six yards, then the other direction for six yards and so on. The last stripe in the half will be the width required to complete that half. Go to the other end and repeat. Meet in the middle.

This is why the first, second, third and fourth stripes in each half neatly abut the six and eighteen yard boxes.

I have kept this to myself to win the admiration of my peers in WSU for being uncannily able to call offside decisions correctly 😎

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Clearly, I have real problems but the way the pitch is cut at the Amex is driving me nuts.

Let me explain.

Look at this picture...

View attachment 161288

Working from the byline towards the halfway line, there are three identical cuts of six yards apiece, neatly arranged on the edge of the six yard box, at the penalty spot and then at the edge of the 18-yard area.

So far, so neat and pretty.

But then it gets messy.

Judging by all available evidence, the Amex pitch is 105 yards long, meaning that the remaining six sections are, if equal, just 5.75 yards long.

But looking at the fourth cut, just outside the area, that appears to be the same as the first three, meaning the other five sections must be even shorter.

Can one of the grounds staff please confirm the exact measurements of each section please as I'm not sure I can carry on.
Pitch is 108 yards long. No one is cutting uneven stripes at this football club.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We're gonna need a bigger mower :eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know a season ticket holder at the Amex and he told me that the pitch was shitehouse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here