A new big flag

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If Option 2 "Sussex By The Sea" then why stop there? We already have "Stand Or Fall", how about a "Reap and Mow" banner at pitch level? Or "Hark To The Merry Bugles" up next to the tannoy? Or how about "Youthful Men are We" outside the toilets?

What's wrong with "Now let your hearts be gay"?

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
As a matter of interest i noticed the stewards taking down a couple of flags at the back of the northstand v Derby as they i presume were blocking windows / covering the clubs logo , has the flag got a permanent agreed spot on the back wall with the club already ,or is it the sort that will be merrily passed around the northstand .

p.s sorry if this has been asked before .

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
It's nice to have a few fixed flags but why don't we get the large flags on bendy rods , they look much better and add to the atmosphere , or will people in the North Stand moan about not being able to see a few seconds at a time ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's nice to have a few fixed flags but why don't we get the large flags on bendy rods , they look much better and add to the atmosphere , or will people in the North Stand moan about not being able to see a few seconds at a time ?

True that.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Funny how this has been bounced - as I was thinking about this flag biz yesterday. What happened to the giant flag; and what became of the £900+ that was left over from the 'Stand or Fall' banner that was made & installed on the back wall of the North Stand? I remember Bozza handed over some 1500-odd quid to somebody (involved with the NSK?), but that's the last I heard of the matter. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would be good to see a few more bigger flags being waved. South West corner has led the way in this, would look great if we could get it going in the North too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Would be good to see a few more bigger flags being waved. South West corner has led the way in this, would look great if we could get it going in the North too.

There were a load of flags on seats in the north when we played Hull, probelm was these seats were all taken by NS newbies so they just stayed on the floor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports