A new big flag

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm reading this thread as most fans would be happy with either 1 or 2, but would also like to see another banner a ala "Stand Or Fall" for option 4.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Ooh Sussex by the Sea for me. Importantly recognisable by visiting fans (no obscure facts/in-jokes), with the year and 'anthem'. Like it.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Come on get a grip.."we wunt be druv" is proper Sussex dialect for "we won't be driven", i.e we won't do anything we don't want to do. This predates everyone in Sussex speaking with a London accent

That's so obscure though, and it's something Norwich would do...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's with all of this modern day use of 'Sussex' by all the JCLs here?

It's Suth-Seaxe. If we're going down the 'We wunt be druv' route of using archaic language that people have stopped using, at least call it this :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They're great.

I went for 2. I think it'll look clearest from a distance. I'd like to see the druv motto from no. 4 put on no. 2.

Really hope you make this happen.

I concur.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Those that are worried that opposition fans won't get the meaning, half will have smart phones and find the answer, then they will know.
Education for the Away fans built in.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Chose 4 as I like anything original for a club to use. As true Sussex guys we will know what it means and will get the attention of away fans wondering what the hell it is all about.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Don't really like any of the designs and would prefer it to be of something completely different. No. 2 is my favourite out of those 4 though. Really like the Oscar flag too, does it matter if he's on it and won't last with time. Its what the words mean that is what the flags about. Irrelevant whether he or we may move on in future. If it was a flag directly about him I'd agree with you.

Feel the bigger flag should be about something else though. Don't mean to be critical, admire what your doing and the stadium looks so much better with the flags and banners already installed.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
as long as it keeps no lefty rubbish on them ....they all look pretty good !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why don't you make it in the shape of a huge football shirt, like a lot of other clubs do. You could even take the views of those who so hate our current shirt design and make it the perfect Albion shirt. Then every match when it's out in the NS you'll be telling TB/Barber Out etc exactly what you think of the current shirt design.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Those that are worried that opposition fans won't get the meaning, half will have smart phones and find the answer, then they will know.
Education for the Away fans built in.

Even better, put this in the corner of the flag:

qrcode.14709017(1).png

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I don't think, apart from those in the directors box, anyone in the 1901 wears a shirt and tie, or is stuffy, or doesn't cheer.

i know few people that sit there, you have to have collars and shoes i know that. they offered to swap with my season ticket for a game, but i declined. this was first year of the amex, so it may of changed.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Looks like 'We will be druv' would be more apt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports