Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new big flag

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Its annoying I associate 1901 now with stuffy execs who dont cheer and watch football with shirt and ties, I know not all of the 1901 members are like that, no offense if you sit in the 1901.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Its annoying I associate 1901 now with stuffy execs who dont cheer and watch football with shirt and ties, I know not all of the 1901 members are like that, no offense if you sit in the 1901.

I don't think, apart from those in the directors box, anyone in the 1901 wears a shirt and tie, or is stuffy, or doesn't cheer.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
We won't be druv was on the front of that amazing a few years back when fighting for the stadium. I am surprised few haven't heard of it.

I voted #2.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is that really something that genuinely bothers you?

Well I'd rather the opposition fans looked at the giant flag impressed and in awe, rather than in a state of confusion or mirth.

Having seen some of the giant flags at Anfield with all of the league titles and European cups all over them you can't help but be a little bit in awe of their achievements, and I think part of the function of the giant flag should be to impress the opposition. Let's face it, small clubs don't do big flags.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
'We wunt be druv' for me. A nice bit of history that is pure Sussex! I'll make a small donation on pay day if this one is chosen.

Plus most away fans will wonder what the f**k it means.

Do it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I'd rather the opposition fans looked at the giant flag impressed and in awe, rather than in a state of confusion or mirth.

Having seen some of the giant flags at Anfield with all of the league titles and European cups all over them you can't help but be a little bit in awe of their achievements, and I think part of the function of the giant flag should be to impress the opposition. Let's face it, small clubs don't do big flags.
Good points well made.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Number 2, but please get rid of that crest in the middle and replace it with the Albion crest.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Was number 1, but chose number 2 now!

What does the 'We Wunt Be Druv' saying mean?

Come on get a grip.."we wunt be druv" is proper Sussex dialect for "we won't be driven", i.e we won't do anything we don't want to do. This predates everyone in Sussex speaking with a London accent

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada

Fair play, I do take your point. But at the same time, I do still think there is something good about having something that is uniquely Sussex, anyone can have a massive banner with the year they were founded and a big badge on it. It'd be great to have something that is unique to Brighton and Hove Albion and to Sussex.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't get the won't be druv thing, no one in Brighton speaks like a farmer....

There's more than you think, especially you older generation. Even more so in the sticks of Sussex.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I definitely think a Sussex based theme should be used rather than just Brighton. A giant sussex county flag with we wunt be druv and the Albion's crest? Simple, amplifies our history and local roots and would look gorgeous in Blue white and gold.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
I definitely think a Sussex based theme should be used rather than just Brighton. A giant sussex county flag with we wunt be druv and the Albion's crest? Simple, amplifies our history and local roots and would look gorgeous in Blue white and gold.

i voted for option 4 but this sounds like a great idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here