Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it. - Bob Hope

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. - Albert Einstein

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
False hope is worse than no hope. The Mormons reject any LGBT for instance.

As a Born Again Christian l have no truck at all with any of these cults, but although l know they are wrong and I mislead, l guess they are still entitled to their own beliefs, however wrong l deem them to be.

I used the word hope in a general sense, not the false hope that they have.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If at first you don’t succeed...skydiving is probably not for you

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I, for one, welcome our new lizard overlords with their many wives and offspring with nice Gingham clothes and eleven fingers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been to Salt Lake City.
I've been to the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
It was a Sunday.

I've never wanted, and been unable to get, a beer more in my life.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Berate the OP as much as you like, but what is true is that without hope we have nothing.

I love Hope; I remember refereeing her when she was a young 'un. Good player and a great manager.

We would still have a very good womens side without Hope and I'm sure we could get a competent manager to replace her.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I've been to Salt Lake City.
I've been to the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
It was a Sunday.

I've never wanted, and been unable to get, a beer more in my life.

I attended a Mormon service once, as part of a wedding. Everyone sitting in a circle, in silence. I arrived last as I was getting some photos done for the couple, the only seat left was directly in the sunbeam from the only window (in the ceiling). Looked very holy, but in reality, it was just really, really hot in that seat. One hour. During which nobody spoke. I spent the time secretly flicking my tongue, in the vain hope the extra momentum would make the Earth spin a bit faster, and thus move the ****ing sunbeam off me.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
"To any who be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve"

If you want to find more peace and joy in your lives message or call us on - <number deleted>

Please share any messages you have about hope :) <3

As Brighton fans we've already got bucket loads of hope thank you very much ... it's what is killing us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"To any who be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve"

If you want to find more peace and joy in your lives message or call us on - <number deleted>

If it turns out that there IS a god of some kind, I just hope and, yes, pray, that ALL cheese-makers are equally blessed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If these people come and knock on my door, I would send them away, shutting the door in their face if necessary. I shall now do the equivalent of that on here.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do have hope but it's in science, not some fake imaginary friend.

And to those that only put faith in this God that supposedly loves you, why the **** did he release a virus into the population in the first place. That or I need to look up the definition of 'Love' again!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

So as the doom descends I held on for as long as I could but in the end I flicked the switch, I now see the light, things have got better thank God for electric.

I give you a bell later for the Euro numbers for tomorrow.

Bob's real name was Leslie Townes Hope

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If these people come and knock on my door, I would send them away, shutting the door in their face if necessary. I shall now do the equivalent of that on here.

Understand your sentiments but it would depend on what mood I'm in as I quite like a good argument!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here