Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the Chairman...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So what are the players going to do when they are playing PL games behind closed doors due the virus, given that our Chairman has stated that the fans being behind the team really makes a difference and gives them confidence.

I smell a conspiracy theorist.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He has a point.

Of course he does, we are basically fecking entitled whingers who only make a noise when we are playing well and winning :shrug:

I am as bad as most as I am not a big singer but I do shout, normally encouragement and abuse at the ref though

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How is noise ever going to make a player technically better :shrug: We are 6th in the league for big chances created and bottom for converting them. Obvious what was required in Jan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please stop playing Ring of Fire and let the supporters create the atmosphere

I am 100% certain that this shit kills the prematch crowd noise build up as does all the other Americana we employ in the 10 mins before the game. We are quite capable of ramping up an atmosphere pre game, even if it does go flat if we then play without intent.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Well said TB - I’m sure those of us lucky enough to be going tm will do our part at Molineux - 24 hours from now we could be celebrating a fantastic victory!

My wife is just bringing my medication

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its the age-old chicken-and-egg. Should the team raise the fans, or should the fans raise the team ?

There isn't really an answer. But if the team rips into the oppo from the start (a-la Sheff Weds), puts them under sustained pressure and shocks us all by going a goal up, then the atmosphere generally takes care of itself. My feeling is that we're still a bit of a "nice" team to play against though, a soft touch, so the opposition gets comfortable, beds in and it all becomes a bit ho-hum again as we weave attractive but ineffectual patterns around them and end up spaffing the few chances we create into the stands. Which leads to groans, not roars.

Its a symbiotic relationship between the team and the fans inside the ground, somehow we need to feed off each other. If they're stinking the place out though, its hard to get anything going.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"we’re positive that we can get results in those ten games. Every single one of them is winnable and if we have a positive mindset our results will turn around.”

There.
All it takes is a positive mindset and we will win every single one of them.

Our new striker Positive Mindset is the real PL deal.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We're not even in the relegation zone!

Come on Unrest, get behind the boys or Hilda will have you over her knee!
We'll be in it by the end of Saturday

Sorry Positive POSITIVE

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I saw the thread title and thought it would be about finishing the season behind closed doors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here