[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Huddersfield Town owner was just on TalkSport saying he commended fans who did not claim season ticket refunds and they will be prioritised when they get fans back. In fact if they took a refund they won't see any football this season
That's shocking. Imagine not being prioritised because you got redundant and needed to pay the mortgage rather than for a football match you couldn't watch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That's shocking. Imagine not being prioritised because you got redundant and needed to pay the mortgage rather than for a football match you couldn't watch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isn’t he doing them a favour then? Not all clubs have loads of resource to manage how they handle this

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
- they will need to do further test/ramp up events
- areas will need to be in tier 1 or tier 2
- there might be issues about travelling from a tier 3 area to a tier 1.
- EPL might kick back about the current restrictions of < 4000 attendance.

that said Brighton are more advanced in prep/planning than most.
My guess - nothing before January at earliest.

These are the testing/ramp up events really, aren't they?

Barber's email confirms that the Gov guidelines apply to matchday 11 onwards - Southampton next weekend.

He wouldn't have mentioned that if they weren't at least aiming to get fans to that game, assuming we're Tier 1 or 2 (looks likely). I'm also assuming travel from Tier 3 to watch football won't be allowed.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I'm also assuming travel from Tier 3 to watch football won't be allowed.

In the small print of the details announced yesterday it does state you should not travel from a Tier 3 area unless essential for work/education/providing care. It also states that you cannot stop in a hotel overnight unless for the same essentials reasons.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
These are the testing/ramp up events really, aren't they?

Barber's email confirms that the Gov guidelines apply to matchday 11 onwards - Southampton next weekend.

He wouldn't have mentioned that if they weren't at least aiming to get fans to that game, assuming we're Tier 1 or 2 (looks likely). I'm also assuming travel from Tier 3 to watch football won't be allowed.

The club will need to exclude supporters living in a tier 3 area from the ballot without using up any of the 6 opt outs everyone is entitled to.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's Barbers statement. Quite a short one for once. >>>

"I'm sure you will have seen the Prime Minister's statement on Monday concerning the arrangements that will replace lockdown when the current restrictions end on 2nd December; and in particular the news that football clubs will be allowed to allow fans back into stadia from 3rd December.

You will have also seen that we should expect a new system of regional tiers, with tighter restrictions in the areas with the highest infection rates. While we await the exact details, the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport has confirmed that initially clubs located in tier 1 will be able to admit up to 4000 fans, in tier 2 up to 2000 fans, while those in the strictest tier 3 will be unable to allow fans in.

We don't yet know the exact criteria as to how tier thresholds will be evaluated, but the Premier League has been advised it appears unlikely that any of England's major urban areas will have infection rates low enough to qualify immediately for tier 1 status.

We welcome the news and it is a positive step in the right direction, but I believe I echo the thoughts of a number of clubs in saying we hope this will be the first step on a road towards opening up to bigger crowds in a safe and secure way.

The Premier League has issued a statement welcoming this move to allow fans back, for the first time since March, but they also stress that the low capacities being permitted cannot be anything other than the start of the journey to full stadia.

Albion held a successful test event with fans in August.
Subject to confirmation of each region's tier status, the new arrangements will apply to Premier League matches from Round 11 (Friday 4 December) onwards.

This doesn't leave us much time, but as outlined above we are waiting on much of the detail. So, we ask supporters to be patient in terms of the finer points and details around ticketing and exactly how many tickets will be available.

With this in mind there are a couple of important points. If you wish to enter the ticket ballot in a group please ensure you have selected your ballot grouping; and keep an eye out for announcements via the club website or direct to your email. We will keep you informed, and as quickly as we can. To find out more about the ticket ballot click here

Having had the benefit of the test event back in August against Chelsea during pre-season, we are extremely confident we can deliver a Covid-secure event for our supporters.

We will continue to liaise closely with DCMS and the SGSA (Sports Grounds Safety Authority) to ensure we meet all the required guidelines and over the coming days we will write with further details, as they are released, and match, ticketing and travel arrangements are finalised.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
b516cc9bbe24639317b27d73f808bc99.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: If you're thinking about going to a match (when announced) recommend you go to the tickets section on BHAFC website and "buy" your grouping.
It takes about 5 minutes - i just did it. Effectively you select "buy a group" and then change the tickets to the ST /1901 ers who you want to go with. So you're ready if/when they start picking groups at random for possible upcoming matches. Blimey. I can't quite believe it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Paul Barber email this morning

"We don’t yet know the exact criteria as to how tier thresholds will be evaluated, but the Premier League has been advised it appears unlikely that any of England’s major urban areas will have infection rates low enough to qualify immediately for tier 1 status."

Is Brighton a "major urban area"?

Rep your ends Fam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
thats right , wait till the coldest , dampest time of the year to lift restrictions .....for **** sake these people are ****ing dumb as ****.

lordy lordy ...a spike in Kent ...?? well who'd a funk it ffs.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
thats right , wait till the coldest , dampest time of the year to lift restrictions .....for **** sake these people are ****ing dumb as ****.

lordy lordy ...a spike in Kent ...?? well who'd a funk it ffs.

It's being reported that in Kent, Swale & Thanet are 2nd & 3rd to Hull nationally in terms of numbers infected per 100,000 - 565 & 508 respectively. Hull is 568. This is for w/e 18th Nov. The previous week Swale was higher than Hull. Will be interesting to see how locally they define the tiers, whether by County or wider region or more local Council regions.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought the government based the Tier system on local authority areas? Hence, they would divide East Sussex into Lewes, Wealden, etc??? I guess the key thing is that the STADIUM is in Brighton & Hove - albeit the car park/bus interchange, etc is in Lewes (and hence in East Sussex). It would be bizarre if Lewes was in Tier 3 (meaning someone who lived a few hundred metres from the ground - ie, Falmer Village or maybe parts of Sussex Uni - couldn't go to the match. But someone (like me) who lives 150 miles away (in Somerset) COULD....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's being reported that in Kent, Swale & Thanet are 2nd & 3rd to Hull nationally in terms of numbers infected per 100,000 - 565 & 508 respectively. Hull is 568. This is for w/e 18th Nov. The previous week Swale was higher than Hull. Will be interesting to see how locally they define the tiers, whether by County or wider region or more local Council regions.

some" expert " on TV yesterday suggesting will be county

West in 1 , East in 2 maybe ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yet on the south east news yesterday B&H had the lowest rate in the south so if they are splitting Sussex where does that stand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports