Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Limited crowds at football on way back, gradually...

[TWEET]1330875078293254145[/TWEET]

So may see 5-10% capacity at Amex in December, if South East isn't Tier 3.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I doubt the whole South East will be Tier 3. West Sussex is 141/149 local authorities in terms of infection rate.

Hopefully the club give priority to those that left their money in with the club :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to make an announcement on the return of crowds later on Monday.

He will make a statement to the House of Commons, which MPs will vote on.

There will be no crowds allowed in the highest-risk areas under the new Covid-19 restrictions in England.

Elite sports has continued behind closed doors during England's four-week lockdown, while grassroots and amateur sport has been halted since 5 November.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
all this BBC understands, is expected to,etc just raises hopes and creates the confusion that we all complain about. Much better if the news outlets wait for the actual announcements and report on that. Much of the mess is caused by half right speculation in the press, and then when the official announcements are made people feel cheated when its not as expected

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s coming home, it’s coming home!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Essex was Tier 2 pre lockdown with no travel allowed to Tier 1, so unlikely I'll be able to travel to The Amex.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are clubs going to be buying the rapid tests for use in these situations?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Tier 1 - 4k
Tier 2 - 2k

I reckon Brighton will be tier 2

A lot of uni students went home at the start of 2nd lockdown so cases in Brighton have gone right down. Reckon we'd be in Tier 1 when lockdown ends.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Half arsed lunacy. 4000 people in Old Trafford is as safe as 4000 people at Bournemouth? Some teams will have the advantage of supporters whilst others don't?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
all this BBC understands, is expected to,etc just raises hopes and creates the confusion that we all complain about. Much better if the news outlets wait for the actual announcements and report on that. Much of the mess is caused by half right speculation in the press, and then when the official announcements are made people feel cheated when its not as expected

Maybe the government shouldn't leak everything?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
A lot of uni students went home at the start of 2nd lockdown so cases in Brighton have gone right down. Reckon we'd be in Tier 1 when lockdown ends.

I'm pleased for Brighton-based seagulls. But I'm in an area of London where tier 3 will probably be imposed. Boo hoo.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Feels like Southampton on the 5th might be a bit of a push to sort out logistically but Sheff U on the 19th would be a nice early Xmas pressie if I can get tickets :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here