Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A little moan about yesterday

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Possibly, and this is going some because there are quite a few Palace knobbers on here, one of the very worst comebacks I have ever read on here and this is a forum that can boast Bushy and The Truth amongst it's numbers. Utter crap. Point of fact my problem with Christmas is not that it's a lonely time for me, quite the opposite chap, far too many people around me for my liking. That and I loathe Christmas pudding.

Yep keep telling yourself that, maybe stop whining about everything and you may the happier side of things. You and dougdeep should move in together, what fun that would be

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yep keep telling yourself that, maybe stop whining about everything and you may the happier side of things. You and dougdeep should move in together, what fun that would be

I suppose compared to being Palace I do have it quite good.Count my blessings an' aal that. :p

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw b-shut shoving ERnests ARS back into his onesie, Lizzy Starbucks complained but I said " leave orf it's an away game innit"

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
In the days of the 'Chicken Run' you were lucky to see feck all if someone tall stood in front of you just before kick off ---despite you being in position for an hour before.

Yeah, and the seats were like concrete.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

This post is a perfect illustration of what's wrong with the football these days. Since birds started pretending they like football and kids started to have a voice it's all "move over men, this game's for all!" Gone are the days you could head off to football at 9pm on a Friday and get back at 11pm on Saturday, suitably refreshed having even sorted your own dinner out in the form of a kebab and some clunge. Those days don't come back, cherished days.

(in all seriousness it is why I take myself off to watch Molesey FC on a Tues evening, stand and shout as much as you like with your own flask of tomato soup to boot).

Agree!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough: I didn't know the stewards were checking. I wandered in, grabbed a space & moved twice more before settling on spot.

Difficult one for the clubs. There are the likes of Sarah Watts & gang, as well as families & large groups who like to pick seats & know they'll be in them. Me, I hate it when they're allocated, but I suppose I can understand why they do. Not sure if it's a ground regulation maybe?

The Supporters club has suggested several times, that when our ticket office sells away allocations, that fans can select front or back rows, but the club seem to think this is too difficult for them to cope with. It has been brought up every season in Q&A forums, but gets brushed off each time.
It's like banging our heads against a brick wall.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Supporters club has suggested several times, that when our ticket office sells away allocations, that fans can select front or back rows, but the club seem to think this is too difficult for them to cope with. It has been brought up every season in Q&A forums, but gets brushed off each time.
It's like banging our heads against a brick wall.

It was mentioned in the Q&A you caught the back end of a week or two ago. The club didn't claim it was too difficult, rather that they can not guarantee what the opposing club will do, operationally, on the day. Due to fewer/greater sales than envisaged away fans may be moved to a different area and/or allowed to choose seats as if unallocated. The club's concern is that if they do sell someone a front row seat and they are not able to take it due to the host club changing the way they operate, then the Albion ticket office are likely to be receiving numerous complaints the following week, taking up time that should be spent on other ticketing activities.

That makes sense to me - essentially there would be increased administration for the Albion at the front-end of the process, in permitting some form of ticket choosing by fans, and then the potential fallout at the back-end of the process if things are changed on the day. Administration = cost. We could do without extra costs relating to this since, for the most part, fans are able to sort themselves out. In my experience it is rare that situations such as the one at Charlton play out as described.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree it only happens at the local games, but there are a few of those. Generally fans sort themselves out by the oldies going to the front rows & those who want to stand going towards the back.
I have known it where having placed myself near the front, drunken fans turn up dead on kick off, & pile into the nearest seats, which have been directly in front of me. I've then been sworn at for asking them to move.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It was mentioned in the Q&A you caught the back end of a week or two ago. The club didn't claim it was too difficult, rather that they can not guarantee what the opposing club will do, operationally, on the day. Due to fewer/greater sales than envisaged away fans may be moved to a different area and/or allowed to choose seats as if unallocated. The club's concern is that if they do sell someone a front row seat and they are not able to take it due to the host club changing the way they operate, then the Albion ticket office are likely to be receiving numerous complaints the following week, taking up time that should be spent on other ticketing activities.

That makes sense to me - essentially there would be increased administration for the Albion at the front-end of the process, in permitting some form of ticket choosing by fans, and then the potential fallout at the back-end of the process if things are changed on the day. Administration = cost. We could do without extra costs relating to this since, for the most part, fans are able to sort themselves out. In my experience it is rare that situations such as the one at Charlton play out as described.

Palace are trialling a system where the first two rows are kept for young fans and the elderly. This problem of standing happens at most clubs on away days and it's not easy to get people to sit down.
Hopefully it will work and everyone will be happy.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Palace are trialling a system where the first two rows are kept for young fans and the elderly. This problem of standing happens at most clubs on away days and it's not easy to get people to sit down.
Hopefully it will work and everyone will be happy.

The first two rows aren't that good when you're behind the goal, barely unable to see the other end. We do have a fairly large number of older fans so could do with at least the front 5 rows.
I doubt it will be a problem at Blackpool tomorrow.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
What i particularly liked was the one little nob who decided to stand by himself whilst the rest of the block sat down. Steward eventually came down and said to him, if you want to stand there was actually room at the back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And you know this for a fact? Don't worry I expect you to conveniently avoid the question

Evidently I know considerably more than you do.

If you ever bump into Glenn Murray, ask him about it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Rather than humouring this Palace troll with a reply can't we just tell him to keep his nose out of Brighton only threads?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here