Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A little moan about yesterday

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I know you're after an argument. Have you ever been to an away day? British Bulldog? You're more like Cheshire mouse.

I'm not after an argument and yes I've been to loads of away games, I just don't understand your idea that because some of us use wheelchairs we have to be shoved out of the way down the front of the stand rather than being able to sit among able bodied fans. I'm just glad you didn't design the Amex.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
With regards to disabled fans, there are several issues that are in need of improvement. As a carer at the Amex there are very few issues. I should point out however that wheelchair bound supporters do NOT necessarily wish to be situated pitch-side as one poster commented. Indeed Leeds, Reading and Charlton are just three grounds that offer similar, alternative viewing points.
Due to the problems such as those experienced yesterday with standing fans in front of such areas, and people complaining about language etc etc am I being too simplistic or would it not be an option where 'family' areas were arranged in front of such platforms so that it might 'kill two birds with one stone' so to speak? I recall at Reading the constant problem of fans standing during attacks and taking umbrage when it was pointed out that wheelchair fans did not have the luxury of being able to stand also in order to compensate for this and be able to see the Albion attack taking place. Weirdly vitriolic some were too. Nice people.

That is all.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm not after an argument and yes I've been to loads of away games, I just don't understand your idea that because some of us use wheelchairs we have to be shoved out of the way down the front of the stand rather than being able to sit among able bodied fans. I'm just glad you didn't design the Amex.

I'm all for sitting among each other, if there was higher platforms so everyone could stand if they wanted it would be great. Anyway i didn't actually care about having to sit down because of that, its when my group of 3 moved to some empty seats in the middle standing section and had miserable ********s whinging behind us.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was a particularly cringeworthy moment when that request was made via the PA for people in Block B to sit so disabled supporters could see, and then the group at the back piped up with "We're Brighton & Hove Albion, we stand when we want".

A proud, proud day for them. I can only hope they didn't hear the full request & missed the part about disabled fans, as otherwise it would be, frankly, shameful. Thank goodness those in the seats concerned did actually realise what was going on & comply.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
TBH I thought the announcement was just to make everyone sit down as the whole crowd was standing. We were over by the score board part of the stadium so I presumed the disabled area would be in a sensible place, but when we where leaving I pointed out to my mate that it was fair enough as theres no way the disabled people would be able to see.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I had a really awkward view in block c as everyone to the immediate right and behind and to the front were all sitting. But to my immediate left people continued standing. Which meant I had to sit down but couldn't see any action to my left, as my view was completely obscured.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
The seat legroom was too small for taller people like myself. I was in physical pain being forced to sit down.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You pay your money you do what you want !

Now that is a very good point. Next time I am at the Cinema or Theatre I will stand because I have paid my money.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The seat legroom was too small for taller people like myself. I was in physical pain being forced to sit down.

Positively spacious compared to Loftus Road, which has to be the tightest space for leg room ever. I practically had my knees cushioning the person in fronts ears there.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
They only asked the Block B fans to sit, and we duly did. There were three impacts - 1. It got a fridge of a lot colder (no idea why) and more uncomfortable (at 6'2" there was bu99er all room); 2. The atmosphere got a lot quieter; 3. When anything remotely interesting happened everyone stood up again, thereby defeating the point of sitting down and leaving those with mobility needs unable to see anything... my 5'4" missus likewise (when we were standing she could re-position herself behind shorter people in the rows in front but once we were seated I had to have the seat at the end of the row to be physically able to sit down).

My question is whether anyone has asked the fans that need to be seated where they'd prefer to be? Some might have been truly mortified at having to make such a request of Block B, but had no choice. If areas are just allocated without thought it does no one any favours.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Indeed. I'm 6'5 and that's definitely the least leg room I've ever had. And I had a kid on my lap! Although luckily we were on the aisle so I could swivel a little bit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't worry about it, it's a one off on Boxing Day at Charlton, next away game normal service will be resumed, much smaller away crowds, plenty of room to move about in the stadium to find a spot that suits you, without being a ****tard towards the disabled or less boisterous supporters.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Far too many women and kids complaining about standing and swearing, HELLO? i thought it was supposed to an away game?

Thing is, there's a new wave of modern parents who think the world should adjust to their little darlings. Gets worse this time of year.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
A BIG MOAN up about yesterday:rolleyes:
We moved to the next block after the tannoy announcement (fair enough)
After being tapped on the shoulder twice to move out of his 5ft daughters way I went back and sat down in B block for the rest of the half and sulked:down:
Apparently she couldn't see the celebrations of the players on the first goal due to us three celebrating :shrug:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wasn't there a family area they could have moved too?

You'd think when booking tickets as soon as a junior appears they'd get corralled together.

We got back row seats at The Madjeski, pretty pointless for an adult and 2 kids.
The steward said 'come and sit in the family section'.
Got to wonder why we weren't put there in the first place.

I've asked our ticket team about this and they've said that other clubs don't allocate them an away family area. I thought this missed the point & wrote back to say that why don't they simply take the first 5 rows or so of a block and allocate that to families off their own back - creating an informal family area themselves. Doesn't seem like rocket science to me to be able to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here