A-level Results Day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Way back when I got my solitary 'D' and was contemplating applying to Woolworths for a job my sister took me to one side and pointed out that I could still get on an HND with that, and that that could well lead onto a degree. It did, best bit of advice I ever had... and five years living in South Wales was great preparation for twelve years sitting in the South Stand at Withdean!

Thanks xxx his dad is coming round at 5 tonight we will have a chat then - I've just come back from a long walk to clear my head - as right now I don't know which way to jump xxx

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I saw on BBC news this morning that for the first time in 20 years the proportion of students getting A's (or A*s) has fallen.

In other news, I got A*AA :clap:
CHUFFED.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Congratulations to everyone receiving their grades today and don't pay any attention to the miserable knob jockeys on here. I have had to listen to similar comments for years about the quality of my degree (sport science). I dont really see myself as being overly intelligent but I'm now a lecturer at the same Uni I did my undergrad at and have had an amazing time getting here.

These sort of negative comments normally come from sad, bitter old idiots who have to shag the same crusty old fanny for the rest of their lives, if they're lucky. :)

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Derp.

That aside, the rest of my post is valid. But why don't you leave if you hate it so much or say so many bad things about it?

Who said I hate it? I'm in cruise control... just don't know what I'm gonna do after. What a waste it would be to drop out now! That would be silly.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Congratulations to everyone receiving their grades today and don't pay any attention to the miserable knob jockeys on here. I have had to listen to similar comments for years about the quality of my degree (sport science). I dont really see myself as being overly intelligent but I'm now a lecturer at the same Uni I did my undergrad at and have had an amazing time getting here.

These sort of negative comments normally come from sad, bitter old idiots who have to shag the same crusty old fanny for the rest of their lives, if they're lucky. :)

Which university?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
My eldest has got her a/s results, 3 As and 2 Bs. I'm amazed as I thought her main talents were looking at Facebook, texting her mates, drinking vodka and snogging her boyfriend. She has informed me today that she must just be a genius to be able to do all this and get good grades. Yours, a tad confused, Mancgull.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I saw on BBC news this morning that for the first time in 20 years the proportion of students getting A's (or A*s) has fallen.

In other news, I got A*AA :clap:
CHUFFED.

WOW! You must be smart! :D

Got what I needed, so I am off to Reading Uni, can't wait myself! Shame they got promoted though last season, would have been an easy away game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports