Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A lack of ambition & using the FFP as an excuse.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
LuaLua has NEVER been good enough at Championship level. He was superb at League One but never shown it consistently when given chances against better defenders. Buckley goes in and out of form every season.

Why don't you think we will continue to bring in quality players? Ulloa's signing wasn't THAT long ago.

spot on! lua lua is a showpony

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Clearly Forest and other free spenders are jokers as well are they?

They won't be laughing when their accounts are published next year and fall outside FFP.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I dont understand why people think the squad isn't good enough to mount a top 6 challenge. We were the form team of 2013. That's a period of over 20 games and we were top of the form table. From that squad we have lost Bridge, Hammond and Dicker. We've brought in Ward, Agustien and Andrews. We were never going to replace Bridge with a player of the same calibre but in Ward we appear to have done as well as we could have hoped, i.e a decent championship player. Agustien and Andrews -so far- look an upgrade on Hammond and Dicker. So the squad is a little weaker at left back but astronger in centre midfield. Why then are we suddenly not going to be good enough to be in or around the play offs?

The only thing that could hinder us is Oscar as in how long it takes him to get his ideas across and how well he copes with the rigours of a 46(or 49) game season.

I would argue that there are more teams capable of being in the top six this season. Therefore harder for us even though I agree the squad is comparable.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Clearly Forest and other free spenders are jokers as well are they?

Clueless. Before posting your baseless ill informed drivel, maybe you should have done your homework first. You are not understanding FFP properly and neither are you understaning how some clubs are deliberately creating a loophole which will be closed and actioned upon before you can say the words I am Dillusional.

The knock on effect when the FFP belt is tightened even further next year will cost the clubs gambling now massively.

Bloom is creating a long term legacy for this club. You just sound like a spoilt Sky tv watching Man Utd brat to be honest. Awful thread.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When their accounts are published in November 2014 they will have transfer embargoes placed on them and incur a nominal amount fine like £100k but possibly be in the Premiership having earned £120m even if relegated.
I see the difference between the owners of Forest and Brighton is one is a gambler and one is a poker player.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When their accounts are published in November 2014 they will have transfer embargoes placed on them and incur a nominal amount fine like £100k but possibly be in the Premiership having earned £120m even if relegated.

A 100k fine will mean that they've only made losses if about 500k over the limits. The percentage fine gets more the bigger the loss, and any loss over 10m results in a 100% fine.

For example if a club makes 19m loss (11m over the limit) will pay a fine of 7.7m. Given that QPR are on for massive losses, it's easy to see why it's worth complying just to get a share of those fines.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Clueless. Before posting your baseless ill informed drivel, maybe you should have done your homework first. You are not understanding FFP properly and neither are you understaning how some clubs are deliberately creating a loophole which will be closed and actioned upon before you can say the words I am Dillusional.

The knock on effect when the FFP belt is tightened even further next year will cost the clubs gambling now massively.

Bloom is creating a long term legacy for this club. You just sound like a spoilt Sky tv watching Man Utd brat to be honest. Awful thread.

Oh I understand it just fine you pompous ****! What you've chosen to ignore was one of the main original points which is, we have injuries throughout our attack and have a midfield which is missing that extra edge of quality and whilst the relegated teams of last season like Wigan & QPR do as they please....the likes of Forest also step up their challenge to improve their squad. We continue to sit still and try to carry on with a threadbare strike force and then chase a striker that hasn't scored anywhere he's played in Obika which for me Mr P is showing lack of ambition.

You sound like a right prat who loves the sound of his own voice who will buy into any old shit the clubs spouts out to him.....actually is that you Mr Barber?

Lots of love the Man U brat!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A 100k fine will mean that they've only made losses if about 500k over the limits. The percentage fine gets more the bigger the loss, and any loss over 10m results in a 100% fine.

For example if a club makes 19m loss (11m over the limit) will pay a fine of 7.7m. Given that QPR are on for massive losses, it's easy to see why it's worth complying just to get a share of those fines.

Assuming that you are correct with your figures and a club eg QPR incur a fine of £7m what happens to the other £113m they have got through gaining promotion by cheating? Or will the unthinkable happen and they are fined £120m

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We are not going to get free scoring strikers to warm our bench. They are out free scoring for other teams. They will be cover. Ridiculous thread.

This club has plenty of ambition

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We watched the transfer window come and go with no real movement but thankfully of course we didn't lose anyone, we tightened the ship for a season of consolidation, but is that enough? Tony Bloom when asked during the fans forum was quoted as saying that top 6 is a realistic and achievable target, not if we don't back the manager in the window it isn't Tony.

We get 26k plus through the door, came so close last season and within 90 mins of Wembley and for me are just missing those special two players now, that attacking midfielder/winger who can unlock defences and also that elusive striker which we most desperately need due to CMS not being back to his best until new year & a decidedly average Ashley Barnes. It's gutted to see that Garcia feels the team is good enough in the striking department, one injury to the big man and we are literally screwed, that doesn't equal that were in a good enough position striking wise and also puts too much pressure on Ulloa.

Our promotion rivals are bringing in players, spending money and attempting to get out of this division, we're sitting still, bedding in and consolidating and after last season its disappointing to say the least. Yes we have a new manager, yes it's a tough league but at least go for it, at least show some form of intent to get out of this division.

Are we that poor we cant stretch the budget for 3 months in the loan window and therefore have to bring in a striker called Obika who has never scored a decent amount of goals? It's like employing someone at a company who you know isn't that good at the job he's supposed to do, you wouldn't do it!

This FFP is all well timed as well as for me they know that the sanctions for breaking the FFP rules are not going to be bad, which is why a lot of championship clubs are breaking them. A small fine is not going to scare teams, if they had threatened non-promotion then it would be taken seriously.

Mmm just a thought, I had been wondering where BHA would be without Tony Bloom. It of course never crossed my mind that you would have put up the tens of millions to move us from Withdean to the magnificence of the Amex. And then keep throwing millions more in to make us Champions of the World, all just to keep us from being ungrateful and dissatisfied.

Get a life .... somewhere near Croydon would be nice.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Oh I understand it just fine you pompous ****! What you've chosen to ignore was one of the main original points which is, we have injuries throughout our attack and have a midfield which is missing that extra edge of quality and whilst the relegated teams of last season like Wigan & QPR do as they please....the likes of Forest also step up their challenge to improve their squad. We continue to sit still and try to carry on with a threadbare strike force and then chase a striker that hasn't scored anywhere he's played in Obika which for me Mr P is showing lack of ambition.

You sound like a right prat who loves the sound of his own voice who will buy into any old shit the clubs spouts out to him.....actually is that you Mr Barber?

Lots of love the Man U brat!

I would probably prefer the sound of my own voice over your moaning. However have a wonderful wallow in your own little world. You started a big sweeping thread with a huge look at me thread title and now you're boo hooing because somebody disagrees with you. Baby.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I would probably prefer the sound of my own voice over your moaning. However have a wonderful wallow in your own little world. You started a big sweeping thread with a huge look at me thread title and now you're boo hooing because somebody disagrees with you. Baby.

I think you are being too kind, the word should be everybody.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Assuming that you are correct with your figures and a club eg QPR incur a fine of £7m what happens to the other £113m they have got through gaining promotion by cheating? Or will the unthinkable happen and they are fined £120m

Hypothetically if QPR make a £60M loss but gain promotion at the first attempt the "Tax" paid and shared to clubs who fall within FFP is £48M plus the parachute payments are redistributed which could mean a further £2M bonus to each club in the pot.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I guess not, but anyone who says 7m isn't significant is in a different world. Most of the 120m will be taken by paying premier league contracts for 4 years.

As for QPR specifically, they have been projected to make a 60m loss this year. At 52m over the limit that makes a fine of about 48m if they get promoted.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hypothetically if QPR make a £60M loss but gain promotion at the first attempt the "Tax" paid and shared to clubs who fall within FFP is £48M plus the parachute payments are redistributed which could mean a further £2M bonus to each club in the pot.

Blimey! I'm guessing then if QPR go up and I'm now hoping they will, this is going to be tested in the courts sooner rather than later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here