Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Great Club

Whirlwind_Ram

May 6, 2014
Cheers - good luck at Wembley.

Oh, and by the way, I think this is from one of your's -

"cant sell out home and away!!!!
have to pay Amex to sponsor your stadium giving away meeting rooms, in which they didnt want .
whats Brighton ever won??
TINPOT!!!!!!!!"

- take him back and point out to him that Derby County is better than that, would you? (or kick his a*se if you prefer). If he wants to find some English as a second language classes, I'm sure you have some good ones in Derby. All the best!

We don't want him back...can't you just shove him off the end of the pier?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I, on the other hand, imagine McLaren to be a thoroughly decent, down to earth guy, who's done a superb job with what is broadly the same squad of players who milled around semi-permanently in mid-table under Nigel Clough.

He's been dignified and highly respectful towards us, even in victory. I wish him well. I'd far rather see him succeed in the final than the media's favourite, Redknapp.
Much as I may have wished Derby would lose the final in the heat of the moment (although still not if it meant QPR winning :) ) I can't help but agree with all the above.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They haven't got that many loans, have they? Bamford scored loads for MK Twats so was bound to be made available to other clubs.

Bamford (Chelsea)
Wisdom (Liverpool)
Thorne (West Brom)

Dawkins (Spurs) was a loan, but I think they may have bought him in January.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
We have a habit of losing to winners over two legs ties before Wembley

Best of luck.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bamford (Chelsea)
Wisdom (Liverpool)
Thorne (West Brom)

Dawkins (Spurs) was a loan, but I think they may have bought him in January.

Dawkins is a funny one. He's was at Spurs nearly all his career, getting loaned out constantly. After releasing him once, they then re-signed him on a contract until summer 2013. He was initially on a long loan to Derby until they signed him permanently in January.

He will be twenty seven years old this year. My point being, at what point does someone at Tottenham go "Hmmm, maybe this lad's not going to make it after all"? It staggers me that he'd be kept on at a club of that stature until he was 26, without playing a single game. Most clubs release younger players by about twenty one if they decide they're not up to it. Meanwhile Spurs hang on to the likes of Dawkins and Jon Obika (24 this year) despite it being transparently obvious they aren't of the required standard.

Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here