Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Great Club

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We conseid when we want,we conseid when we want,we're Brighton and Hove Albion,We conseid when we want.

I've seen some wonderful examples of illiteracy on this board but I think this one takes the cake. ROFLCOPTER!:lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I joined your forum just a few days ago primarily to have a little banter with you all about the forthcoming matches,(obviously i am a Derby fan) i have found you all to be very welcoming and pretty much sensible in your views and realistic aims/hopes of your football club.

It was so interesting reading your views on how you had done this season, what you thought of your chances against us over two legs and what you thought of us as a team/club.

I was at the fantastic arena you call home on Thursday supporting my team and enjoyed the whole match day experience, the park and ride system seems to work like clockwork and i particularly enjoyed banter with Brighton fans on the bus to the Amex.

As for the game itself i initially thought we were awful but on reflection i feel this was because you did not let us settle into our normal free flowing pattern and whilst you did not create a deal you gave us lots of problems, in fact you where so dominant at one point i would have settled for a 1-0 loss.

Overall on Thursday i felt we was extremely fortunate to come away with a victory but safe in the knowledge that we must surely play a lot better in the second leg.

Your fans turned up in large numbers and was quite vocal.

I came on NSC on Friday and was a little surprised to find a number of complimentary comments on how you perceived Derby to have played, I was very careful not to come across as being arrogant because i thought we were poor but still won the game but i have seen us all season and i knew that if we play to our potential we will score goals in the second leg.

At the Ipro today the atmosphere was electric and i have to say the Albion fans was very vocal and were a credit to yourself and your club.

I thought we were superb today and everything seemed to go against you with injuries and things, that said i was a little surprised that you did not show more hunger and desire.

In football there are always clubs you really dont like for one reason or another but over the years i have always quite like Brighton, i think you are a great club with great fans and a super stadium, i sincerley hope you have a great season next year and hope you can go one step further than you have the last couple of seasons (but not at our expense if we dont make it this season lol)
:bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2:

Just got back.

Well done derby, and I hope you win the final. Thought both sets of fans were great today.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I joined your forum just a few days ago primarily to have a little banter with you all about the forthcoming matches,(obviously i am a Derby fan) i have found you all to be very welcoming and pretty much sensible in your views and realistic aims/hopes of your football club.

It was so interesting reading your views on how you had done this season, what you thought of your chances against us over two legs and what you thought of us as a team/club.

I was at the fantastic arena you call home on Thursday supporting my team and enjoyed the whole match day experience, the park and ride system seems to work like clockwork and i particularly enjoyed banter with Brighton fans on the bus to the Amex.

As for the game itself i initially thought we were awful but on reflection i feel this was because you did not let us settle into our normal free flowing pattern and whilst you did not create a deal you gave us lots of problems, in fact you where so dominant at one point i would have settled for a 1-0 loss.

Overall on Thursday i felt we was extremely fortunate to come away with a victory but safe in the knowledge that we must surely play a lot better in the second leg.

Your fans turned up in large numbers and was quite vocal.

I came on NSC on Friday and was a little surprised to find a number of complimentary comments on how you perceived Derby to have played, I was very careful not to come across as being arrogant because i thought we were poor but still won the game but i have seen us all season and i knew that if we play to our potential we will score goals in the second leg.

At the Ipro today the atmosphere was electric and i have to say the Albion fans was very vocal and were a credit to yourself and your club.

I thought we were superb today and everything seemed to go against you with injuries and things, that said i was a little surprised that you did not show more hunger and desire.

In football there are always clubs you really dont like for one reason or another but over the years i have always quite like Brighton, i think you are a great club with great fans and a super stadium, i sincerley hope you have a great season next year and hope you can go one step further than you have the last couple of seasons (but not at our expense if we dont make it this season lol)
:bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2::bhasign::clap2:

Sorry mate nothing against your club, but i would not want umbrella man to win a fecking raffle

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I, on the other hand, imagine McLaren to be a thoroughly decent, down to earth guy, who's done a superb job with what is broadly the same squad of players who milled around semi-permanently in mid-table under Nigel Clough.

He's been dignified and highly respectful towards us, even in victory. I wish him well. I'd far rather see him succeed in the final than the media's favourite, Redknapp.

FriendlyRam

May 4, 2014
"Brighton's a sh1thole..." Oh dear. We all laughed at ourselves afterwards tbf. Lots of "it's nicer than 'ere!"

You're benefits chant was good.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I, on the other hand, imagine McLaren to be a thoroughly decent, down to earth guy, who's done a superb job with what is broadly the same squad of players who milled around semi-permanently in mid-table under Nigel Clough.

He's been dignified and highly respectful towards us, even in victory. I wish him well. I'd far rather see him succeed in the final than the media's favourite, Redknapp.

Very well said. He's a gentleman of the game and clearly a damn good manager. None of which applies to Bungpuss.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Agree with what you say about McClaren but have to pick you up on the "broadly the same squad of players" thing. He's got them where they were because he used his contacts and experience to bring in some excellent loan players. They are a different squad to the one Clough had. But he's shown why idiots like me thought they were stupid sacking Clough and getting some real premiership exerienced manager in. Will be interesting to see what we do now. Derby, for me, have set the standard for what it takes to get out of this league. We have what it takes to get a manager like McClaren, who can keep a team in the premiership.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They haven't got that many loans, have they? Bamford scored loads for MK Twats so was bound to be made available to other clubs.

I was a little surprised that you did not show more hunger and desire

Yes, still gobsmacked by that. Beaten virtually from the first whistle when we couldn't even make the defensive tactics work by stringing 3 passes together. Woeful stuff - you were good today but I'm not sure we've given you very good preparation for what will be a hard final for you.

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
Yes, still gobsmacked by that. Beaten virtually from the first whistle when we couldn't even make the defensive tactics work by stringing 3 passes together. Woeful stuff - you were good today but I'm not sure we've given you very good preparation for what will be a hard final for you.

This. Can I say 'this' ? lol

All do respects to Brighton and Hove Albion... and much as I love Brighton ...

Wigan/QPR will be a much more significant test for us . And it's quite likely after all this we'll be playing each other next season.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I thought your crowd both home and away were excellent
First rate football and a pleasure to watch
Best footballing side in have seen in a long time and a great manager

It is something we should aspire to

Good luck in the final although if you play like that you won't need and luck at all

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This. Can I say 'this' ? lol

All do respects to Brighton and Hove Albion... and much as I love Brighton ...

Wigan/QPR will be a much more significant test for us . And it's quite likely after all this we'll be playing each other next season.

I hope you go up. A proper football club who deserve to go up, and should be rewarded for doing things the right way.

Not FFP-busting, nor artificially high in the league due to parachute payments.

southstandSam

May 5, 2014

When it was being touted that hew was coming to us folks asked me what i thought of Steve McClaren being our manager, in all honesty i would have preferred fecking Malcolm McClaren to Clough.

Regardless of what folks think of SM how many of the hundreds and hundreds of managers can have Englands Managers job on their CV ?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The irony of all of this is when there was talk about McLaren possibly coming here last summer, everyone was absolutely horrified. I bet those who thought that now are keeping a bit quiet!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

I'd go along with this.
His tenure at England was always marred by the Sven connection.
Now he's rebuilding his management career with a flair side, good luck to him and Derby.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Hope Derby go up. If only for the reason that we don't have another 2 nailed-on defeats next season.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
The irony of all of this is when there was talk about McLaren possibly coming here last summer, everyone was absolutely horrified. I bet those who thought that now are keeping a bit quiet!

On the contrary, I think we should take positives from it.
In Ulloa, Lua Lua, Buckley, Orlandi, March, CMS, Ince, Stephens, Chicksen, Dunk, I have think we have the type of exciting core that another manager may make better use of moving forward.
McLaren has proven that a good squad (which we have) can be transformed into promotion candidates quite rapidly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When it was being touted that hew was coming to us folks asked me what i thought of Steve McClaren being our manager, in all honesty i would have preferred fecking Malcolm McClaren to Clough.

Regardless of what folks think of SM how many of the hundreds and hundreds of managers can have Englands Managers job on their CV ?

Does he speak with a Derbyshire accent now? :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here